Last Band You Saw Live

Discussion in 'Music' started by Yuri, Nov 7, 2015.

1. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Some bunch of inappropriately-over-amped acoustic geekazoids imposed upon the situation at some convention-related event in Austin, Texas, because people there don't, anymore, just go out to hear bands, they patronizingly "support live music," which is like going to the zoo and saying that you "support live animals."

2. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Leftfield, Paradiso Ansterdam this month.

3. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

I haven't been to a live show in yeeears... I think the last was Kraftwerk in Chicago, 2005 (?).

4. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Utah Saints + Andy Weatherall @ The Zap club, Brighton, 14 June 1993

5. Tarkus

Tarkus Producer

Steve Hackett.

6. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Lotus feed & 1919 did lights for Lotus Feed. Im out seeing bands just about every other week

Best Show I've seen in the Past couple months had to be Ghost frigging amazing live!

7. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

yeah, me too. just don't like battling the crowds any more. the last concert that i went to was rush in 2010.

8. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Afghan Whigs

9. Jay Weed

Jay Weed Ultrasonic

Saw Andy at the DFW guitar show.

10. Slider

Slider Producer

That's too bad, back in the day Austin was the happening vibrant place for the up & comers of many genres. Used to hang at places like the Armadillo & other joints to see the likes of Johnny & Edgar Winter, Willie Nelson, Captain Beefheart, Frank Zappa, Janis Joplin, Dr. John, Commander Cody & LPA, Ry Cooder, Townes Van Zandt, Leon Russell, Jimmie Vaughan & his "little brother" Stevie Ray, Fabulous T-Birds, B.B. King, Muddy Waters, the Byrds, the Rolling Stones, Creedence Clearwater Revival...hell even AC/DC played their first performance ever in the U.S. at the Armadillo, the list just goes on and on.

It was an unusual time & place for music in Austin, with the bikers, cowboys, hippies & everyone in between coming together for the music. In 1976 "Austin City Limits" hit the airwaves on PBS and everyone who was anyone at the time wanted to be a part of that show, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Robert Plant etc, pretty much solidified Austin as the music capitol of the west.

Sorry, kinda got carried away here....just brought back some good memories from a special time in my life. I'll shut up now! :wink: