LASS 2.5

Discussion in 'PC' started by DanteUruzu, Aug 17, 2013.

1. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

LA Scoring Strings 2.5 has been released! Check out what's new! [Video] [Site]

3. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

:wow:

You'd think they would've changed that unsightly interface palate by now.

4. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

For sure, that thing looks like something out of the 90's................on crack.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

+1 sticking with v1. they should hire a kontakt gui designer.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It would be nice if we had a working version of 2 because at the moment it's just taking up space on my external. I also agree that the interface sucks. Thanks for the info Lord Sorrow. :mates:

7. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I have a question for LASS users, what are you supposed to do with some of those horribly out of tune patches?

8. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Use Autotune :rofl:

Its part of their effort to make it sound authentic. In real orchestra, each player is slightly detuned from the other because they are human and not robots.

9. allshallfade

allshallfade Newbie

2 is fully working, the only issue was in the Stage and Color graphics, which look 'wrong' but are fully functional... as long as you can actually use all of the features and get the correct sound, there's not much more that you can ask from a "free" version of a $1,000 sample library, IMO.

That said, I've moved on to using Sable combined with Cinematic Strings 2 (CS2 for large ensemble work, Sable for more detailed sections or to bring focus to CS2 on the occasional line that it sounds 'blurry'), but I remember debugging a lot of the "issues" that were present- what in particular are you experiencing?

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

There were the graphic issues that other users reported and some said it made the program useless, I just haven't had the time or the will to investigate into something that may be for naught (especially considering the install size). I have a copy of Cinematic Strings 2 that I was thinking of putting to use and I still need to grab Sable (big download), I've just been absorbed in synthesis and other areas of production so I didn't look into it yet. Plus I don't have much time between moderating here and at Audioz. Thanks for trying to help and believe me it wasn't a complaint, I appreciate every little tidbit that I am lucky enough to utilize in my music for otherwise I could never afford it. :bow:

11. allshallfade

allshallfade Newbie

Ah, I see. There's a mini package floating around that fixes the issue making the multis useless, the only problem left over is that the speaker icons in the Stage and Color section look odd, but they still work.

Sable is fantastic! It's a bit tricky to use to it's full potential now, without Volume 2 there are no Violas or Basses so you definitely need a main library like CS2 to be the backbone.

Feel free to send a pm if you need a tip or two on which orchestral libraries to combine- it's a nice dilemma, having so many out there now to try.

And I hear ya on the affordability. Orchestral/Film/Game Composition is my career, but I'm no A-List guy, so I have budget issues as well! How I've been approaching it is I do have "try before buy" libraries in my template, but I've been slowly but surely buying all of it as gigs and money allow... part of why I didn't stick with LASS was because I knew I realistically wouldn't be able to budget for it for quite some time, but buying CS2 followed by Sable in small steps is much more doable. We all do what we have to do. :mates:

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

allshallfade
    Thanks so much for your offer for help, that's really nice of you. Yeah I also hope to slowly buy more synths and libraries that I use, I do the best I can but it seems especially hard with the economy these days and that will get worse in the imminent future. I really believe in supporting developers of quality software but when you're not seeing the funds for such an investment coming in you have to make do in the meantime. It seems to me that a lot of our members feel that way, it's not that they're pirates just poor musicians and we know that the plight of the musician is as old as time itself. It's particularly a problem going totally legit with Kontakt libraries where there is no trial period so you're not sure if things will suit your workflow and you can't come to a final conclusion on a product that costs quite a bit of money. Again I really appreciate the offer my friend, maybe I'll drop you a line in the future. Have a great day. :mates: