Laptop 2024 for music production/video editing/light gaming

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by JudoLudo, Jul 18, 2024 at 7:46 PM.

1. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

Sure, here is the translated text:
    Hello guys, I was thinking of taking advantage of Amazon's minor discounts these two days to replace my laptop. Budget under 1000€, but flexible.
    Usage:
    • Mainly music production - in the studio, I have my main PC which is a desktop, so the laptop would only be an extension for working on the go or for live performances (not very often). At least 16GB of RAM and a CPU that can handle projects with many plugins.
    • Light video editing for Instagram - I rarely record in 4K, almost always in FHD. I use Premiere Pro and need to handle several video tracks together.
    • Light gaming - I mainly play on the desktop in the studio, but if there's a chance to play some Rocket League or Apex Legends (at very low quality) and the laptop can handle it, I would. Anyway, it's not the most important thing, I can do without it, but not the other two.
    I'd like to be on Windows, no Mac. And portability is a factor, I need to keep it in my backpack. Here are the laptops I was looking at on Amazon:

Thanks for the help :)

3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

of those all, only HP Victus has nVidia graphics card which is especially useful for AI stuff, video processing and light gaming,
    it has "only" 512GB storage and 16GB ram, but I bet both can be user-upgraded later eventually (something like 2TB NVME and 64GB ram in future)

4. bateson

bateson Newbie

I also need new laptop. after you buy one can you come post what you buy and how good it works?