Lag in Windows 10 pro only when using Studio One 5?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by VisionSierra, Aug 6, 2022.

1. VisionSierra

VisionSierra Ultrasonic

Has anybody been experiencing any lag on the entire Windows OS whenever Studio One 5 is open? Its the weirdest thing. The mouse cursor seems to be freezing every so often times I move it, when I click the start menu it takes like 5 seconds to open. Its only when I close S1 when the lag goes away. Is there any fix for this?

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Don't currently have it installed. Latest version still slightly buggy from system to system.

Are you online while running?
    Anti-Virus or other background services running that could be turned off to free up resources?
    What are the system specs (more than 8GB of memory, SSD)?
    Have you disabled S1 internals services that are not needed (the forbidden advanced area)?
    Minimum Windows 10 tweaks done?

4. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I also have w10 and s1. Despite not having the same problem as yours, today I don't know why I'm having a delay in the program, especially in the audio.​

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

How long has the problem existed? Have you installed or changed anything recently?

Use the Free Adwcleaner www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner scan for Malware etc. !

Use the Free CCleaner www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
    Look under the "Autostart" if there are entries that do not belong there.

6. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I think I've seen that before, can be a corrupted or mismatched samplerate of your audio device - have you done any windows updates recently?

7. wentzelitis

wentzelitis Newbie

did you ever figure this out? i've noticed my windows has mouse stutter whenever i have studio one opened and minimized. can't get rid of it unless i close studio one. tried turning of freesync and a few other ideas but nothing works