LA Scoring strings 2 not visible in kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Warry12, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Warry12

Warry12 Member

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling a lot to get LA scoring strings 2 to show up in kontakt. I can add it to my library and then kontakt reloads but LASS 2 is not there. When I try to add it again it says that LASS2 is already added to my library.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? I'm on kontakt 5.5.2.

This is the only library I have issues with, all others work perfect.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. Lean

Lean Producer

Edited by Lean as contains discussion involving Warez

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. Warry12

Warry12 Member

I click the "add library" button and locate the map folder (where the nks are or however it's called) and it says nothing after adding but the kontakt player seems to go to the background for a second (as it's refreshing) and then appears again. Normally there should be a library tab where you can select the instruments & multi's but the library is not there. When I try to add the library again it says that the library already exist.

When I restart cubase 8.5 and then again click add library it's repeating the above.

In all cases I'm not getting any messages, except for the 2nd time that it already exist. I see no library, no patches, nothing.

I tried reinstalling kontakt 5.5.2 , removing all my native instruments plugins, removing all libraries but that does not seem to help.

I'm running cubase 8.5 under windows 10.

It's only LASS2 though.

Any ideas?

5. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

If it's LASS2 bundles with (scoring strings, solo) then you must add into Kontakt all libraries from Documentation/Add library/ folder, and after that main bundle library (then you can delete individal librarie tabs added before).
    If this is not the case, then you can find topic - all related problems with Kontakt libraries on asex.
    ----
    This case of adding and not seeing I have on my Mac kontakt with some libraries, and it is mostly related to service center/xml files and registry keys. But on windows in Kontakt 5.5 everything is fine.

6. Lean

Lean Producer

Good Luck

7. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Well, I think it is a Kontakt issue. Probably registry-related but not something you messed up. Most likely Kontakt itself...

It has happened to me with EWQLSO getting de-registered and not showing (Kontakt bugging out it seemed) and showing up normally on restart of DAW... Again EWQLSO not showing with versions after 5.1, but being normal when added with 5.1 or previous and showing on updates, too.

Same with Cinebrass with Kontakt 5 not importing database and saying it's registered but not showing in tab upon restart. But importing and showing normally when added with Kontakt 4.2 (which is the version it was originally created in) and then showing normally in 5, too...

(I've also written these before in the relevant threads but anyway...)

Maybe messing with the settings like above would also work but I try to avoid it. I've tested the above methods just to be sure. Haven't checked if there are registry differences though.

I've also had failures with Kontakt installers asking to clean registry before installing to avoid issues but then still saying a newer version is installed. Generally not a good idea to roll back to previous if you've installed updates it seems.

So, yeah, I don't know what goes wrong or if they make changes in the code but it happens with some libs and some versions.

Btw, I added it to a clean installation of Kontakt 5.5 and it shows up and plays, no issues.

8. Warry12

Warry12 Member

Got it working! I loaded arc 2.51 into kontakt and LASS 2 appeared!

9. Warry12

Warry12 Member

This helped me today.

I did a clean windows installation and the visibility thing was not there. I added it + copied the registery keys from other libraries and it was there.

I now made a registery file of it and added it to my installation folder for future use.

10. Lean

Lean Producer

Glad you got it sorted :wink: