La Baby Sister Intro Rhythm (Spanish or Latin or Cuban)

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by anthony doyle, Mar 1, 2022.

1. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

What is the name of this rhythm ? Sounds Spanish or Latin or Cuban.

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I'd say this is a rumba.

4. cainarrieta

cainarrieta Member

Is Latin music the singer and songwriter is called Marc Anthony he plays salsa and tropical salsa

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  5. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

NIce, the song is called Dimelo by Marc Anthony or I need to know in the English version. Thanks for that info cainarrieta.

6. recycle

recycle Guest

Best Answer
    That's cha cha cha, a cuban rhythm of the 1950's. If you are interested, here is a tutorial

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Yp, it's Cha-cha-chá (or cha-chá). Over-simplified, you have three quarter and two eight notes. That's three beats + two half-beats;
    so you count (1), (2), (3), (4-and) - thus - (one), (two), (three), (cha-cha).
    you can also count (two), (three), (cha-cha), (cha) - replacing the (one) with (cha). That's how I count, but it is less common here in Europe.

Rumba is slower and the 4th beat extends over the (cha-cha, cha/one) part. Salsa is faster. But you can/could dance salsa or rumba to cha-cha-cha beat, ofc when you practice and/or nobody is watching.. ;) I used to practice salsa to cha-cha-cha.

My advice - watch some dancers when in doubt (not the choreography, basic step). Quick steps give this one away. Like this lady. BTW, you can see she starts on the beat where song really begins with long step counting 2, 3, cha-cha, cha--.

TBH, she's probably not really counting. Just dancing.. :)

8. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Yes, that's a cha cha rhythm played with a puertorican/cuban modern feel as you can hear here:

When I lived in the Caribbean I wrote two songs with that sound, not as famous as Rey Ruiz, but equally beautiful. :winker:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022