KVR banned after 16 years member

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by fredboudin, Dec 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

VPN :mates:

2. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

AI without human oversight is a terrible idea. Anyone who doesn't understand the concept of specificity and Bayes' Law when utilising a tool like AI to perform a task, needs to find a different profession... (specifically, even a low false positive rate of say, 1% can lead to mostly false positives if the base rate is low)

https://betterexplained.com/articles/an-intuitive-and-short-explanation-of-bayes-theorem/

3. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

Kinda funny hearing people complain about this shit when the common thread for most of us here is WE ARE SOFTWARE THIEVES. Like it's fine that I sit here and jack thousands of dollars worth of shit but if someone bans me from using a free forum .... unacceptable!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. stopped

stopped Producer

I didn't understand how the two ideas in your comment were related, but part of your statement was correct at least

5. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Throughout all of history whenever people have had enough of a criminally oppressive agenda, the payback and repercussions against the oppressors was always decisive and final. When you don't learn from these historic facts, they will always be repeated. Did you ever stop to wonder about why they are trying to destroy history and its valuable lessons. The piper will not be denied his payment.
    (This is inline with the topic on overzealous moderators letting a little power going to their heads.) besides who needs kvr they are totally unneeded.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  6. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

Simply because ppl NOT "stealing" sotwares are banned too ?

Those two subjects are unrelated. And once again, you use MORAL argument ... witch is NOT an argument.
    Moral is only for ppl without arguments.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

KVR exists only to sell plugins, or help those who do. Any dissent about them is unwanted. His argument is about money, not morality.

You guys are on a roll today. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

You like it in music ?
    Here it is...

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

No, I don't particularly care because KVR sucks. I'd never go on there.

It seems like you certainly care about it though. ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  10. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

I stopped using KVR years ago.
    When Tone2 closed their KVR account because they were caught using shady protection on Gladiator. And i received some warning for telling the truth.
    And i stopped GearSlut when Steven Slate devs were caught using Giancarlo AA captures in their products. And once again got warned to push the subject.

And this is my second account here, because it seems i say what some ppl don't want to read :winker:

My life is not on internet.
    Frankly ... all this will explode in the air soon.
    And i don't care at all.

My only gripe is ppl pretending things under their nose don't exist.
    Now i'm out, because i already lost too much time :rofl:

11. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

No, this is a misunderstanding. In fact, I think I have no "high seas" software running currently on my system. My plugin collection consists of 70% freeware and 30% software that was so good that I had to buy it (usually during sales): Serato Sample, RC-20 and other high quality plugins. Yes, I tried some R2R stuff here and there out of curiosity, but I never relied on using k'ed software for my music production. So please don't mistake this as a "high seas" forum, my reason of joining Audiosex is mainly to discuss all things related to music production without the tight censorship we see at shill forums like KVR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

what do you mean by high seas forum?

Using patched software is a total good way to go, if the protections are annoying - also if you know how the protections work. So you can be sure there arent any reasons, the software could stop working.

But we move away from the actual topic.

I think EU laws just wouldnt work for kvraudio, its simply just a way to small webpage to get any EU law involved ... Also on what cost? For a simple account, which got banned?

13. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

No, the law is the same for all web platforms. There is no exemption based on the size / user base of a platform. Sure, the authorities might prioritize bigger platforms, which is within their own discretion. But I think we can fairly consider KVR Audio to have at least a reasonably significant number of users and traffic and therefore relevancy. At the very least they have to comply with the provisions of the GDPR, otherwise they can get a warning and later a fine from the authorities. It can also happen that their website will be made inaccessible from EU countries, which is quite significant. EU law is not to be messed with: ask Boeing, Meta and Microsoft.

14. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Guys, you seem unabke to speack about this topic without fighting, or doing political comment.
    So it's closed.