KVR Audio forum bans users arbitrarily for critically examining plugins and using common sense

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hazen, Sep 24, 2021.

?

Does KVR Audio respect freedom of expression?

1. to some degree

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. not really

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. most definitely not

33 vote(s)
    64.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

It pretty obvious to me that KVR site (which I have never liked much anyway) is nothing but a shill haven for dev's... Dev's more than likely pay/give some sort of kickback for good reviews or reviews in general. Hence for users to speak negatively about anything on that platform is counter productive to the cause...

I have stuff archived from all the way back to the 8-bit days running win95. However none of that stuff is really relevant or even run-able these days.

2. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

Not surprising. I had a handful of my comments deleted from a KVR thread some years back too when commenting on an EQ (I don't remember what EQ it was; I could guess, but I just remember thinking that it was another one of those Mickey-Mouse-made plugins you see littered all over Plugin Boutique.) I essentially said that I wasn't impressed with it and that it wasn't special while adding, for that type of EQ and its curve capabilities (no notches/high-Q,) SlickEQ could do whatever it could do, but much better. So I got five or six comments deleted, along with comments by anyone else who'd mentioned SlickEQ—everyone else's comments were still up though.
    No love for TDR? Come KVR... SMDH :bash:

3. hoffy

hoffy Member

KVR is dead these days. Used to have heaps more traffic and users but everyone left if because it's a hunk of shit.
    Even their shitty "PLUGIN COMPETITION" doesn't even run yearly.

Never seen a site more full of idiots sucking themselves off.

4. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

It's one of the best pieces of software available (paid or free) on the market. But plugin marketing it's more about Mickey Mouse plugins than sound. Maybe something related to some agenda, as @Xupito said. You don't get the result you expected so you buy more software that claims to be the best thing on the planet and you still don't get the results.

I have legit Neutron 3, and when i was starting it seemed to be the best thing on the world. Now i hate that plugin, besides the Transient Shaper, i put everything on the trash can. It's not because the software is bad. But because it has nothing to do with my actual workflow.

5. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

I know your questions are rhetorical, as I don't think anybody enjoys being lied to, but I'd bet dude is baiting you, at least with the American bit. Additionally, his argument seems secondary, and is erroneous at its core. ("[...] KVR is a marketplace, period. It depends on ad money to exist. By definition, it cannot allow freedom of expression, it's against their business model [...]") A marketplace, or any place of sales, that has comments/review section doesn't necessarily need to police what gets posted up there. There are plenty of sites that allow negative customer reviews, whether its merely a 4/5 Star review that points out a failing or bug, or a completely negative review with someone expressing their confusion as to why anyone would pay $X for such a piece of shit product.

6. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

I'm calling it on this thread, before I get the urge to smack the shit out everyone who's wallowing in their own hubris.
    Enjoy your beliefs, that the world is black & white, that nuanced gray areas are a sign of weakness, that any human cause is pure.

611.jpg

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Given that members were unablke to talk about that without mixing all sort of political comments: Thread closed : (