KSP Developers blocked the Edit Script button in Kotakt?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Sheryll, May 7, 2014.

1. Sheryll

Sheryll Newbie

Hi AudioSexists, :mates:

I'm using the R2R released Kontakt, and thought it could be fun to learn and tweak some bits of the KSP scripts (awesome password bypassing!). However, it seems that the Edit button not always works, nothing happens when I click on it - the button doesn't even appear to be 'pressed' at all. It neither asks me for password as well (though hovering the cursor over it will let Kontakt tell me in the bottom of the window that the button is for editing scripts, so I can't be mousing over a wrong position :( )!

I've seen scripts 'protected' with replacements of random meaningless variable names and removals of human-friendly whitespaces, making the layouts unreadable by humans. :snuffy: But I'm not sure if there is really also a way of protecting them by simply bypassing the 'bypassing passwords' function of 'special editions' of Kontakt? :unsure:
    Some of the libraries failed me are Ilya Guitars, OTS Rosewood... Not at home now so I'm not able to compile the full list of the tough guys.

Any ideas why the button doesn't work? Is it a 'bug' of R2R/Trace's modification? Or there are some hidden and superior ways for developers to protect the scripts?
    Is there a solution? :)

Thanks a lot!

(Been wandering around for a while and finally signed up for an account here. Great resources! :thumbsup: )

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Sheryll,

Not sure if the following explanations and images can help you, but here we go... *yes*

As you mentioned in your comment the 'Ilya Guitars' Libraries, the following is done with its 'Acoustic Guitar Strum v1.52' Version :

[​IMG]

The last 'Script' Tab (empty) of this Instrument is titled 'DT', and as you can see it, it's 'blocked' (Maybe is the trouble you're facing ?).

[​IMG]

By choosing one of the 'Kontakt' Factory 'Script', in this case : 'Change Velocity', you can get the 'Edit' Button operative... *yes*
    This also means that you can use your own 'Scripts' (if available) --> 'User', instead of 'Factory', then you'll also get the 'Edit' Button available for your convenience... *yes*

and here, the final result...

[​IMG]

Hope this can help you in some way... :wink:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

[​IMG] Welcome to the forums Sheryll. [​IMG]

5. Sheryll

Sheryll Newbie

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, this is exactly the problem I met. *yes*

But the main purpose for this post is that I want to figure out a way to UNBLOCK the edit button so I would be able to access to the content of the scripts to modify them instead of REPLACING it with my own stuff. :dunno:

Thanks, you guys rock! :guitarhero:

6. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

That information is not publicity offered or known....maybe