KRK's damaged tweeters???

Discussion in 'Studio' started by swing, Sep 4, 2013.

1. swing

swing Newbie

Hi guys, I need some advice about my new gear.

Here´s the thing:
    Finally I saved some money and purchased some decent monitors (KRK Rokit 6). Yes, I know there are plenty other and maybe better stuff out there, but this topic is not about discussing that. There are not too many options in here to buy, and also I had to buy them without any listening 'test' from other city because here you can´t find audio gear... so, yes it was a blind purchase, but I REALLY needed anything ASAP more accurate to work in my music.

Now, opening the package (really messed up package) I see that one of the tweeters is pushed totally in. I pushed it back softly, but it looks a little wrinkled and it will never be as rounded as it should be :(

I need to know if there will be any difference in sound. I´m new with monitors and they are under warranty, so if it is bad for their correct performance I will send them back and ask for a replacement. What do you think??? Is annoying to ship them back and wait again, but it was a really hard task to save the money and I don´t want any bad surprise in a few days during some happy mixing.

I´ll connect them tomorrow and test them with some familiar sounding tracks. How can I test them to find noticeable/possible breaks???

Please, if any of you could give me any advice about what to do it will be GREAT. I waited a lot to get them and also they are really expensive in here (or expensive enough for my budget), so I don´t want to make a bad decision for being just impatient.

Thanks.

3. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

I bought the same ones from Sweetwater, and after about a month one of them stopped working. I called them and told them what happened and they immediately sent a new one out to me that day, it took 2 days to get to me, and I just sent the bad one back. So I guess what I'm saying is if they're brand new and you have any doubt just bite the bullet and get a replacement. Otherwise you risk waiting and something goes bad and you'll wish you had sent it back, and now is the time since you haven't integrated them into your workflow.

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

That's bad. Just get it replaced. Tweeters shouldn't even be touched, and if you want to clean them you should do it extremely gently. Mid and bass drivers are not nearly as sensitive.

5. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

Send it back to and get a replacement. :dunno:

6. smartlad

smartlad Member

Yep, send it back. I'm surprised you need to make a thread and be told to do this :dunno:

7. angie

angie Producer

Yes! Sometimes equipment arrives broken! Send it back to and get a replacement. it happened to me with a ff800.. Your soul will be calm...

8. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

send it back the longer you wait the more the chance of them not fixing it

9. swing

swing Newbie

Yes.. well.. I´m a little overwhelmed and confused. The shipping took a week to arrive, and I hate the idea of sending them back, wait for a response and get the newones by waiting for another hole week or more (if the seller has stock). But I wrote him a few minutes ago, I hope he could be a responsable man and make the process easy and fast. Fuck.. I wanted to mix some stuff this days, not being waiting in line in the post office :snuffy: I hope everything goes well. Thanks for your comments. I was in doubt because in other forums I read that people don´t really care about pushed in tweeters, but I can´t accept new gear with some 'details'. :dont:

Attached Files:

10. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Did you call them you can talk to them on the phone to fide out what you options are Ask Them For Over Night Shipping

11. swing

swing Newbie

I´m still waiting for the replacement. Fuck. I can´t believe how much it takes :sad:

12. swing

swing Newbie

Just to express my happiness: FINALLY, THEY´RE HERE, WORKING FINE THIS TIME :headbang:

13. 0on3

0on3 Platinum Record

Good for you Carl .... Very sweet !!

and as our friend : smartlad,
    No need to be a SMART-ASS about this post !!! Come on , this gentlemen even said it was his first
    pair of monitors !! Carl seem genuine enough to me ; maybe he's new at the game of building his studio.
    "We're all here to HELP ..... this iz key to what makes AudioSex so great , atleast to me !!!

P3ACE 2 ALL ! ! !

- 0:1 -