Korg Triton/Triton-Extreme GUI lagging.

Discussion in 'Software' started by MokuseiFolf13, Mar 12, 2023.

1. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Long story short, while performance is not all affected by this supposed lag, not even the DAW itself (Logic Pro X 10.7.7), only the GUI is laggy and choppy, making it just a little difficult to navigate to and from different patches. My computer isn't even half-bad and can run Omnisphere 2 just fine (well, that's if that's a decent comparison to any other plugins that might demand a decent amount of bandwidth.) I am using version 1.3.7 (Intel 64-bit). Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! <3

3. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

I've got Logic 10.7.7 here and Triton Extreme works super fast. No lag .
    But I'm on a Studio Ultra. The Triton componennt is 1.4.0 and the Extreme is 1.10

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I can say that mine works nicely also on Win7, same version as Jim's (1.1.0/1.4.0). Not that it matters to you, but it might be an OS issue since it works well for Jim. Report what version of MacOS you're using when reporting bugs and trying to find the solution. :wink:

The bad thing is what if you need to downgrade OS one version to make it work properly? That doesn't work with Macs AFAIK. Once you've done it - you have to live with it. :) And be more careful next time they offer you to "upgrade". The choice of words is quite intentional. Same with Microsoft...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  5. clone

clone Audiosexual

You can. But you can only downgrade as far back as whatever MacOS your machine originally shipped with, typically. After that you can install anything later which is supported by the machine. The thing about MacOS though, unlike Windows; is we really do not get these big "improvements" or changes from one OS version to another. They mostly all run the same, with only minor variance.

I checked in Logic 10.4. Triton 1.3.7 is working normally. Same with 1.0.6 Extreme. These aren't even very CPU heavy. Omnisphere should definitely perform "worse" than these. There are no settings in the plugin to "optimize" how they run.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023