Korg MS20 Legacy Conttoller

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Bunford, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Anybody used this? I assume build quality is average but liking the 1:1 idea with soft synths and having actual knobs to tweak.

As it only has a single USB port, I assume it is just transmitting regular MIDI over USB and can be used to MIDI learn other synths?

Anybody got thoughts on using this with Ableton and synths like Spire, Hive, Massive, Sylenth, SynthMaster, Reason 8 etc?

3. mageye

mageye Producer

4. floond

floond Platinum Record

5. mageye

mageye Producer

Yes thanks for that! I was thinking that there was the 'other one' out there somewhere after I posted.:rofl:

6. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

yes all the knobs where programmable like a normal midi device when I tried it (flstudio), didn't investigate a lot but couldn't get the cable's respond to anything
    (also couldn't imagine how that should work anyway)

as far as I can remember all the knobs had a decent 127 value, but I wouldn't see me using this in real life.
    maybe if you could make a midi assignment preset, because re-binding every time seems like a job in itself and then u are better of just using the mouse.

I ended up making a fl studio project template were all knobs where binded with a pre-inserted ms-20 (again the cables didn't work)
    kinda useless... but I couldn't get it to work otherwise and didn't care to investigate further out of frustration.

a lot of these things are available online, that seems to suggest that implementation is not that great.
    I would only buy one for 30 E/$ max.