Korg Mono/Poly Legacy - Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by freefeet12, May 2, 2017.

1. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Is there no way to make use of the preset browser for all the presets available on the net? As in put them in a folder and have them show up in the browser? Or my own for that matter? If there is I haven't been able to figure it out. I can only load a bank/program using the file menu. Seems I can only browse through a bank (that didn't come with the synth) with the little arrows and not the browser. It's a pain in the butt having to load each one, save each one, ect from/to their directory using the file option.

Thanks

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Yeah. It's kind of a convoluted system they set up. In KORG's defense though, it is a phenomenal instrument.
    The way I've always done it is to load/save/rename the individual presets into an empty bank. Then save the bank so I can recall the whole lot later. You can load four different banks in slots A-D at a time and once they're saved like this you can use the Preset Browser and just click on the patch you want to load instead of using the arrows to scroll one by one.
    You can also click and drag the number just left of the preset name (or the preset name itself) to scroll through a little faster without having to go into the preset browser.
    If someone knows a better way, chime in, please.

Also, to make organizing presets/banks a little easier, it is possible to have multiple instances of Mono/Poly open and copy/paste between them.

4. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Thanks for the tips. Good idea with the multiple instances too. So this is what I'm doing now: putting together banks of sounds/programs I like into slots A-D and then using the "Make Current All Data Default". I've tested it and so far they're all still there, in the browser, when I reopen Mono/Poly. In fact, just using (MCADD) for just a sound/program in a particular program slot will save it in the browser.

This is very good news. It's going to take days but it's doable. :wink:

I've been using this for years and never knew I could do this. I do wish Korg would update these plugs so we can get a larger GUI though.