KORG Collection 3 - A Synthesizer Collection for the ages with 3 new masterpieces added.

Discussion in 'Software News' started by BEAT16, Jul 31, 2021.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

KORG Collection 3 - A Synthesizer Collection for the ages with 3 new masterpieces added.

The KORG Collection 3 introduces three new software recreations to the world: KORG's first mass-produced analog synthesizer, the miniKORG 700S, the MOSS Tone Generator-powered Prophecy, and the Triton Extreme, the vacuum tube-equipped high point of the Triton series. KORG Collection 3 has now expanded to be a thrilling collection of iconic sounds from the '70s, '80s, '90s, and '00s.

Included Contents

- KORG Collection 3 - miniKORG 700S

- KORG Collection 3 - Prophecy

- KORG Collection 3 - TRITON Extreme

- KORG Collection 3 - TRITON

- KORG Collection 3 - ARP ODYSSEY

- KORG Collection 3 - MS-20

- KORG Collection 3 - Polysix

- KORG Collection 3 - Mono/Poly

- KORG Collection 3 - M1

- KORG Collection 3 - WAVESTATION

- KORG Collection 3 - MDE-X

Special Price $299.00 /// 2021.07.29
    Code:
    https://korg.shop/software/korg-collection-series/korg-collection-3-bundle.html

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yes, excellent collection of synths, and gives you a lot of presets and tweaking possibilities. I wonder why Yamaha doesn't release something like this or like Roland Collection.

4. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Love it and with the new additions it's even better.

True, I'm a massive Korg fan so I'm a bit biased but there should be something here for every synth nut out there.

Maybe it's just me but I wish that they added some of the other romplers apart from Triton and M1, things like X5DR, N364 or Micro-X. Sure Triton has most of these covered, kind of, but still... Also now that Prophecy is out there the Z1 (IMO the best digital they ever made) is within reach, surely?

But I'm really rejoicing instead of moaning here, really.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Man, Yamaha would have a massive backlog of great gear that they could capitalize on. Have they done other software than Vocaloid really?

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Not that I know of. Imagine having EX5 in software, huh? :drool: That's one synth I'm keeping an eye on, rack version, but I must say I'm quite satisfied with A5000 and A3000. Excellent samplers with excellent and original FX.

It seems Yamaha is satisfied with having Steinberg and Cubase, plus their software. Personally, I don't have a really high opinion on any of the Steinberg software. It's going to shambles since Cubase 8.5 IMHO. Sorry for a bit of off-topic, but hopefully useful info. :wink:

• List
  7. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Thanks, and to stop offtopic myself, I created a thread for this: https://audiosex.pro/threads/what-hardware-synths-youd-wish-there-was-a-recreation-of.60061/

8. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

And Kawaii or Kurzweil..?

-Btw here's the wikipedia description of the Triton Extreme,
    which tells more info on whats the deal..

9. refix

refix Platinum Record

i still have an ex-5. it would be way better virtual. the real thing is very klunky. i expanded the sample memory to the full 64M (i think it was 64, but i can not fully remember), but never really used it because --> floppy disks. i did sample some longer stuff a couple of times but you would have to finish your edits, etc. and dump off to tape or whatever before you turned the power off.

have not played it in years it is lying up against a wall somewhere.

had a kawai too. i think it was a k1(?). interesting sounds, but i mainly used it as a midi controller. you can get a free software k1 module but i don't know if i made the leap to x64.

a virtual kurzweil would be really interesting. i use to fetishize them in magazines but could never justify buying one. they were hell expensive.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The Kurzweil synth is too v.a.s.t to duplicate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. liquidlove

liquidlove Ultrasonic

Still no Trinity? Holding on to my TR-Rack...

My first hardware synth was a Korg, but I've always had a penchant for Yamaha (and a bit of Roland). I do own stuff from all three (and others), but yes, I also think a lot of people would be happy with a "Yamaha Cloud".

Just think. All the CS models (CS80 not that necessary, Arturia's is fine), SY85/77/99, EX5/7, Motif Classic/ES/XS/XF (not 100% necessary), all their FM synths (again, not necessary - too many software options already), the SPX effects units etc.

Korg's software package is way better in all aspects, than Roland's, though - single registration and you're done, works offline and isn't as resource heavy. Sounds nice.

Steinberg is Yamaha's software partner though, and I'm not a huge fan of them. Also uses eLicenser (dongle). They've done some of Yamaha's VCM effects in plug-in format (I think), and the tonewheel organ plug-in in the early to mid 2000's - but that's about it. Yamaha's hardware synths (Motif/MONTAGE) are integrated into Cubase.

12. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Fucking truth! I would buy a pallet full. Still I'm quite happy that at least Roland and Korg do so.

13. rollerball

rollerball Platinum Record

I've messed a bit with the original TRITON VSTi, and was able to dial in a few tones similar to those used by Dream Theater! I'm not very fond of the way the controller assignments are handled, but it's still a quite powerful synth nonetheless. Many of the sounds are still usable today.

One more use case the TRITON VSTi covered for was that it worked great for me as a workstation keyboard in a gig where I had to fill in as a keyboardist. I'm not a keyboardist, so I didn't have any hardware to fill the need for these rompler-type sounds. I used REAPER as a host and it worked great! The patch changes are fast and the CPU usage is quite low too. One advantage the TRITON VSTi has over the Roland Cloud offerings is that it actually supports MIDI Program Change messages.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  14. rollerball

Agreed! Would love to see something from their catalogue in plug-in format.

Maybe it's possible. I'm really happy they were able to port over the MOSS code to plugin format, since I read on the forums that the guy who wrote it sadly passed away.

Would love to see those too.

I see what you did there. :rofl:

15. vsuper

vsuper Kapellmeister

Yamaha could make money from DX7 vst for 20 years, but NI did it instead

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

I have to add one thing here, the multi-FX MDE-X is a killer. Those mid-nineties onwards Korgs had this nice airy crystalline sound and their FX chips were definitely part of it. To my ears MDE-X does that shit pretty well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. rollerball

Thanks for the heads-up! Hadn't paid much attention to it, but will try it now.
    The TRITON's effects definitely have their own sound, and it's the reason why a lot of those patches don't sound the same when dialled in on other synths. Roland seems to be following suit as well with their recently released Zenology FX.

18. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Maaaan, you mean like K2000 in software? That would be fantastic! We have Kawai K1 and K4 [available soon], but the real beast still hasn't been emulated in software - their best IMHO K5000 additive and addictive crazy mofo! :wink:

btw. I bought K2000VP about 6 years ago for 220 euro... a no brainer, really. VASTly inspiring! :)

19. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Thanks for the reminder, I need to grab that Kawai K1 emulation that's been circulating for a while now. I didn't know they're going to have a K4 too.

https://plugins4free.com/plugin/3148/

20. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

There's now a v1.24 of the Kawai K1 emulation you can get it from his site. New Synths may be amazing but you've got to love the old classics that started it all.
    https://www.nilsschneider.de/wp/nils-k1v/

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  21. refix

refix Platinum Record

it's a pity they do not have a punny emoji rating on this forum 8)