Kontat GUI takes 3 seconds to open when clicking on “Edit instrument”

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by dydythug, Aug 9, 2023.

1. dydythug

dydythug Member

Hello, I have this weird thing with kontakt that’s super anoying, each time I click on “edit Instrument” I have the mouse spinning wheel and 3s of waiting.

In comparison the Opus vst open instantly when clicking on “Edit Instrument”.

In fact every other vst instrument or sampler is opening instantly

But kontakt for some reason have that 3 seconds lag consistently. When I am working with 20 kontakts tracks and need to open the gui one after the other in a short amount of time, it gets really jarring

Any idea ? I deleted my big quickload folder, I thought it maybe slowed the whole thing …

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

You may want to mention your Kontakt version, your DAW and your system to receive accurate answers.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

Most of the general "Slow loading" articles always end up back at Batch Re-Save. Here's one from 8dio I think is maybe nicer than NI's own one: https://8dio.com/blogs/news/slow-load-times-in-kontakt. It goes into creating exclusion folder, and other windows security driven issues.

You really should supply complete info, or you are just doing guesswork.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
  5. dydythug

dydythug Member

sorry
    windows 11
    cubase 12 pro 7.4.0 bobdule

batch re-save is not the point here because I speak about empty kontakt instance. It's the "gui" that takes 3 sec to open

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I figured it wasn't the cause either way; it's just where any comments about "slow" lead using the NI help subjects. I noticed your post about this on the NI website. Did anyone get back to you about it?

Anyway, the cause can still be similar; almost how fragmentation occurs on a hard disk. Lots of use and indexed content getting moved around, modified, etc; until eventually you begin noticing a dip in performance.

Maybe someone will get back to you with something helpful. But if I had this happening on my machine, the first thing I would do would be to look for any possible new updates and then reinstall it fresh either way. Especially because it would only take a few minutes to do it, and then you know it is not the actual install causing your problem.

7. dydythug

dydythug Member

thanks for answearing

still having the issue :( a solid 3 sec to open any kontakt track gui on my template

8. dydythug

dydythug Member

up
    I still don't understand why I need 3 to 4 seconds to open the GUI of any kontakt instance inside cubase 12 pro
    I deleted the bobdule version and I am trying the portable danilov last version
    deleted quickload
    unchecked everything in the files->view tab (found online)
    disabled AV

Slightly slightly better but Still 2/3 sec each time to load the GUI

9. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

Is your Kontakt Library on a dedicated SSD or M.2 drive?
    If yes then just try re-installing Kontakt or even try another version of Kontakt.
    If no then try moving Kontakt Library to a faster drive.

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

He's already done a replacement version. There is nothing all that resources-intensive about Kontakt's GUI. It's pretty plain, and it is not loading actual new instances of the plugin and it's engine, really just the displayed GUI. A new faster drive can always help, but if the drive was a real problem that would also surface during actual playback/use.

My new guess is that the index/db kinds of files which determine what libs are shown in the left-side instrument browser have something wrong in them. (so it is looking for files that don't exist, etc.) But I am not on PC. Maybe a deep clean style removal of Kontakt and reinstallation would help. Removing it completely with Revo Uninstaller and hunting down any residual files manually to make sure. Some files like that type do not really change when a reinstallation is done.

11. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

Yes could be a db issue, could also be a registry issue. Could even be a Cubase issue as well. Have you tried with another daw?

I have a legit copy of Cubase and Output Arcade will not open in Cubase and yet it opens on ProTools, Reaper and Reason.

12. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

Take a look at Task Manager. With that many instances of Kontakt running your PC might just be running out of steam.

13. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

I'd start by repeatedly launching kontakt.exe / kontakt 7.exe instead of the plugin version to check if it's your DAW or indeed Kontakt.

If the exes launches just as slowly, I'd change the rendering backend to "opengl" to see if that fixes it.

[​IMG]

You must restart your DAW / Kontakt.exe after adding those variables.
    You can also try "vulkan" and "d3d11" on Windows instead of "opengl".

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. clone

clone Audiosexual

I do not think this should matter. To test I just created a K6 instance, loaded an average modest-sized Instrument, created about 40 more of them and checked this. It still opens basically instantly; not like in the screen capture video.

Something *like this is what I expect to be the solution, when it is figured out.