Kontakt xml files

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by krakenfart, Dec 10, 2013.

1. krakenfart

krakenfart Ultrasonic

I have been adding libraries over the years in quite a few incarnations of Kontakt. Like some here I have had the "Library is Protected... blah,blah,blah" message.

If you look at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center (I am using win 7 64 bit so the paths may be different with other systems) there are a variety of .xml files. Each one of these files represents the library in the title. Ie "Broadway Big Band.xml". Inside this file is a lot of data appertaining to the library and one of those data fields is <SNPID>xxx</SNPID>. I was given the xml files of some of my 'problem' libraries by a friend and after a little bit editing (the SNPID values to match what it was when I first added a library (I used KLM v3)) I copied these into the Service Center directory and lo and behold, the library came up and loaded just fine.

I am wondering if any kind person, who has working versions of these (below) could post their xml files so I can see if I can use them to get my libraries working. I know its a bit of a phaff but after trying all the other fixes to no avail, this system works for me. I would also be very interested to see if any other users try this and what results were acheived. I have attached a zip file of my working libraries for others to 'play' with. Regards to all.

The libraries I'm after are...

Vienna Piano (Native Instruments)
    Berlin Piano (Native Instruments)
    Upright Piano (Native Instruments)
    Shreddage 2
    Peter Siedlaczeks String Essentials
    Cinematic Guitars 2.

>Interesting that the (NI) New York Piano loads fine??!!<

Attached Files:

3. Alraun

Alraun Member

Here's an info list, so you can create the respective .xml's by yourself. Copy the necessary strings to your .xml and/or .nicnt.

Info List

4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

krakenfart As you are on windows, you should try a program called Lib Dropper for Kontakt.
    This can create xml files and /or nicnt files, so adding libraries is a breath.

5. krakenfart

krakenfart Ultrasonic

Alraun. > Thanks so much for the list.

Olymoon. Thanks for the tip about Lib Dropper.

Gents. Thanks to both of you, I think I now have the resources to fix my problems.

Topic closed now?

6. 0on3

0on3 Guest

'locking out your script'

0on3 / 0:1

:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2020
  7. n4mmo

n4mmo Newbie

Can someone explain this process? I think I need to do this for some of my libraries. I'm on a mac.

Thanks!