Kontakt Wallpaper Request & Comments

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Introninja, Dec 29, 2014.

1. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Say Downald: I've been away for a few days dealing with a family health emergency. What have I missed? Oh yeah, these. As long as @pasi & others are on the scene, the well never run dry. In any event, here's my take on your last collection requests:
    EV Productions Collection
    ev productions collection.png
    Glitchmachines Collection
    glitchmachines collection.png
    Have Audio Collection
    have audio collection.png
    Neocymatics Collection
    neocymatics collection.png
    Realsamples Collection
    realsamples collection.png

2. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hello Terrell: Here's what I came up with for both "Donut Shoes Gameboy" & "Big Cat Instruments Flame Studio Guitars".
    Big Cat Instruments Flame Studio Guitars
    gameboy.png
    Big Cat Instruments Flame Studio Guitars
    flame studio guitars2.png

3. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Welcome Sleepyhead: Nice work. Just a word: Watch your vertical margins. Otherwise, you're on your way...
    Wallpaper Review.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Downald

Downald Platinum Record

Hi @NYCGRIFF - very sorry to hear about the emergency. I trust all has turned out fine - my best wishes!

In the meantime, thanks for going back and designing these - especially under the circumstances. I really appreciate your dedication to this forum. These wallpapers keep getting better and better, and the "well" fuller and richer! Striking design work.

Thanks again!

5. Sleepyhedd

Sleepyhedd Ultrasonic

Sorry about that. I went by how it looks in my Kontakt and in mine is like this:
    margins.jpg

6. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I see... Still, try and tighten it up a tad. You want to eliminate as much "spill-over" as possible. BTW, thanks for contributing. Many hands on deck is always a welcome thing.

7. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Thanks for inquiring Downald. So far, things have turned out as well as can be expected. We're keeping close eyes on the situation.

8. Sleepyhedd

Sleepyhedd Ultrasonic

What are the correct dimensions for a wallpaper image? I've searched of course, but opinions on the internet are very divided ;)
    In the end I opened the "factory" wallpaper from some library in PS and made it on that wallpaper (also tried it in my Kontakt), but as you can see..
    I'm sure you know the right ones, though :)
    I understand that apart from the correct dimensions, you need to consider that Kontakt will trim the edges?

9. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Before the later versions of Kontakt (starting at around version 6) wallpaper sizes varied a lot. That was because a Kontakt user could expand the horizontal dimensions of the wallpaper with lots of flexibility; displaying a wide panoramic view of the graphics. (Those were the good old days). Today's Kontakt wallpaper horizontal dimensions tabs are quite restricted. The actual display area for later Kontakt versions are restricted to around: 426 x 98 pixels. Even though many designers here at the forum (including myself) use dimensions of 633 x 98 pixels, we are well aware of the fact that much of graphics on the right side of the wallpaper tab will not be displayed. It's what's called "eye-candy". As long as the relevant information of the library (both graphically & textually is displayed) it's all good. When designing any wallpaper, always keep the "eye-candy" part in mind. Here's an example of what I'm taking about:
    Image 1 (426 x 98 pixels)
    Image 1 (426 x 98 pixels).png
    Image 2 (633 x 98 pixels)
    Image 2 (633 x 98 pixels).png
    Note: As you can see in the 426 x 98 pixels version, the pertinent library's info with the restricted dimensions is still displayed.
    Where as in 633 x 98 pixels version, the "eye-candy" simply allows for graphical continuity (even though it will not display on the tab).

However, keep in mind that there are many users (including myself) who use both the early versions of Kontakt and the 6x to 7 versions).

10. Iris

Iris Member

Hello, another list for MST_artwork :
    Realtone Realivox Blue
    Cinesamples Rio Grooves
    NI Session Bassist - Prime Bass
    NI Electric Mint
    e-instruments Session Keys Electric R - Electric S - Electric W

Thanks !

11. Sleepyhedd

Sleepyhedd Ultrasonic

I'm aware of the right side trimming. However I was wondering if it always trims the top and bottom edges, or if there are perhaps golden ratios at which it does not trim. There are some programs that, whatever the dimensions of the graphic, always show the part that the creator specified - whether it's the top, the left corner or the middle, it doesn't matter - you know what I mean.
    Well, at most I will not put my wallpapers here. I don't think there's a shortage of them :)
    And for my Kontakt I can always find a good fit by trial and error.
    I see that my Kontakt definitely prefers wider graphics. So much so that it stretches them itself :) But it does trim no matter the dimensions. So yeah.. neu1.jpg neu2.jpg

12. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Say Sleepyhedd: I disagree. You should post your wallpapers here. You have the makings of a pretty good designer. With a few tweaks here & there, you should be just fine. The forum can always use someone like yourself. Trust me, any little kink can always be ironed out. So, go ahead, post on...

13. Sleepyhedd

Sleepyhedd Ultrasonic

OK. I don't want you to think I'm hysteric ;) I just see that the same wallpaper looks different on your screen than it does on mine, and that's a surprise. Passable, but demotivating at first. Try this one. It works for me. Cropped at the top and bottom, but all the data is visible. I assume it will be cropped a few percent more on yours, but I'm curious how much. From what I can see the factory ones are also cropped and it cuts quite a bit. But this is something I was aware of since I saw it first time (although I wondered if you could avoid it by making them longer so the proportions would be different - but apparently that's not the case), but the fact that it looks different on different systems (versions of Kontakt?) is a bit of a surprise. So try this and let me see and I won't bother you anymore. Also - take your time as I'm off to bed in a minute :) FV_Wallpaper.png

14. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Here's what your wallpaper design looks like on my Win 11 desktop system (as you can see, although the lettering is large, there's no vertical spill-over at the margins:
    Wallpaper Screenshot.PNG

15. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hi Downald: I'm a little perplexed about your request. Please clarify a little more.

16. Downald

Downald Platinum Record

Hello NYCGRIFF - thanks for your follow-up. What I am after is a generic wallpaper - for no particular library, no particular instrument, no particular producer's brand, no particular genre of music.

I shall use this wallpaper to group a number of libraries which I cannot categorise under any other collection, or for which I don't need individual wallpapers.

I propose the text (title) "Miscellaneous Instrument Collection" on the wallpaper. In terms of design, anything related to music/instruments could work - it's all down to creativity!

Hope this clarifies!

17. MZodiac

MZodiac Newbie

Hi,

I tried to look for this in the forum but couldn't fid it. Does anyone have a Kontakt wallpaper for Synthogy Ivory II?

Thanks in advance!

18. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hi Downald: Here's what I came up with:
    Miscellaneous Music Collection (1)
    miscellaneous music collection (1).png
    Miscellaneous Music Collection (2)
    miscellaneous music collection (2).png

19. rgpals

rgpals Platinum Record

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  20. Downald

Downald Platinum Record

That's exactly it, @NYCGRIFF - many thanks! These look great (especially the first one) and will happily host tens of libraries! Much appreciated.