Kontakt Wallpaper Request & Comments

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Introninja, Dec 29, 2014.

1. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar Noisemaker

NYCGRIFF: I notice you make alot of wallpapers... what are the max dimensions for use with the updated Kontakt 5.6? And what's the size of the "safe zone" (the portion that will be visible)?

2. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar Noisemaker

ohhh.... it may be just happening when I forget to "Run as Admin" this little utility...

3. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

The s3.tmp can be opened directly with a double click and you can see a reduced version from a NICNT file. It´s the way to register library on Service Center. You can register 10 libraries and only will see the last register. The important is the xml file that is stored on Service Center Folder. But it is a way for beginning to be sure about the library has been registered. But not always. In some libraries (no more than 10) I didn´t see appear the s3.tmp file but yes appeared the library on tab. But this is an exception. One of the many exceptions ok Kontakt.

Sorry, I didn´t reply the last. Yes, this Ok. The file loses its utility when library appears on tab. Go for the next :wink:

4. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Exactly. If you don´t run as admin, the tool can´t write on registry.

5. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

That's a good question. Unfortunately, I had some major issues with the installation of the latest "update", so I cannot be sure. However, I would imagine that the dimensions (maximum/minimum) are going to be pretty much the same as in previous versions. After all, they are still going to have to accommodate the library wallpapers that you already own (large or small). That being said, I plan on installing 5.6 on another computer later in the week, then I'll be able to answer your question with certainty.

6. leanz_92

leanz_92 Newbie

Hi everybody! I have a question. What are the steps to make a library collection? For example, all 3 Trio Broz from Fluffy Audio? I have made some nicnt of individual libraries but I dont know how to do it with "collections". Thanks for all!

7. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Celtic has a fairly easy method for doing these. He will give you the complete rundown.

8. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Not difficult.

Create a folder with the name you want for your collection
    Inside that folder, copy the three libraries, Violin, Cello and Viola if I´m not wrong that may be.
    Respect the structure of the three folders you copied. In these folders you have to find Instruments and Samples, appart from Documentation if you want and in this case a Data folder. As I can see in the libraries, they have a .nkc and .nkr file. Let them as they are.
    In the main folder, you have to create the nicnt file with the name you wish and making the changes editing nicnt with Notepad++. Or you can use MINI-NICNT utility that NYCGRIFF published here. And you can choose among the wallpapers published here too.
    That´s all. Open Kontakt in standalone mode and as admin (you have to make the change in the shorcut on desktop you should have under Win7 x64, for instance) and add the library to the tab.

When library appear, check them. Often Kontakt will ask you for missing files because the original structure is not what you have in the new collection. The way to change this is very easy. Take a look.
    [​IMG]

The step 1 is for activate the option. The step 2 is for looking THE FOLDER YOU CREATED. You have to do this only once in the collection. When you check the other instruments, will look for them automatically and load them.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  9. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

NYCGRIFF, when you can a wallpaper for Zero-G Popcorn. It´s a multiformat but you know...

And Vibe Funk Force 5 if there is graphical material for doing it, I can´t remember if you explained me something about this concrete library or other.

Too things at the same time.

10. cal

cal Member

@NYCGRIFF

adam monroe - beats
    frozen plain - dual music box

:)

11. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

No problem, bro. Sometime later today...

12. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

@cal would be nice you tell me in PM where did you find Buzz library thanks....

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Ultrasonic

Hi Celtic, some days ago I tried to add a couple of libraries this way, but I couldn't.

when I add the library and open one .nki (of the added library created by me), it says (for SAMPLE MODELING collection library) "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective Library is registrered properly" and (for EMBERTONE STRINGS collection, always made by me) "Your new Library needs to be added before this Instrument can be used. Please go to Kontakt's Libraries tab and press the Add Library button".

note that Sample Modeling lib has ACTIVATE button, while EMBERTONE's hasn't.

I have another library with ACTIVATE button: Premier factory Mark I, which I added BEFORE I upgraded to 5.5.2, from 5.5.0 (if I remember well). Now I'm on 5.5.2.

14. cal

cal Member

don't have it but would be nice if i did. lmk if you get it.

15. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Ok let´s see. It has been so surprising for me that you say that. Because I have over 15 bundles, some of them more than 90 GB, and no problem with any of them. Then I take a look to the 3 libraries I have from Sample Modeling. And what I see is what makes me think that you can´t do a collection with them. Which is the problem? They are libraries previous to Kontakt 5.0. And the three I have, French Horn, Mr. Sax and The Trombone, register with .NKX file on Service Center, not with a nicnt file, included from Kontakt 5. My personal opinion, because I didn´t confirm this, is that you can´t do bundles or collections with libraries that must be registered with a .nkx file previously added to library before you download. An example? Almost all the collection from Best Service Chris Hein and Vir2 Instruments, for instance.

Concerning to Embertone libraries, I have 24 of them but registered one by one with nicnt. Could try this weekend, for instance, to make a bundle with them, but I need to know what are the libraries you included on collection for repeat the operation and see if they work.

Still thinking Activate button is not involved in that situation.

Tell me which are those libraries and I make a collection on weekend.

16. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

The problem is not having, the problem is not find it any place.

17. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Ultrasonic

thank you. the libraries are the strings quartet from Embertone (bass, cello, viola and violin - all from sister site) and sample modeling are the horns (sax, trumpet, trombone, tuba, and also horns).

the activate button is not a problem, I can keep it.

I remember that in the past I managed to add a Sample Modeling collection lib by firstly adding all the libraries singularly (i.e. sax's, trumpet, horns and tuba and trombone etc one by one), so that they appeared activated in registry, then I removed them and add the collection, and it did worked.

18. Sinc

Sinc Member

'Master Sampling - Hybrid Elements" if possible please!? Very interesting library:wink:

19. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Short, but sweet!

20. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

So am I... And, plan to keep it that way until these "updates" do not present all of these dramatic twists and turns.