Kontakt Wallpaper Request & Comments

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Introninja, Dec 29, 2014.

1. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

Project Sam ORCHESTRAL ESSENTIALS
    orchestral essentials.png
    Project Sam ORCHESTRAL ESSENTIALS 2
    orchestral essentials 2.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

Native Instruments SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS STRING ENSEMBLE string ensemble.png

3. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Hey folks when any of you have time there´s an image posted in the page 125 for someone to make a wallpaper of Sampletekk Renaissance Flutes. Thanks and keep the excellent work.

4. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

[​IMG]

5. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Great work RMM!! Any chance you could make a general wall for Sample Modeling libraries Kontakt?

:wink::wink:

7. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

sure gimme a little while

8. Rob James

Rob James Ultrasonic

Gentlemen, I would like to propose a naming scheme, in the interest of organizing this vast collection. I've already touched on this, with conversations with Rain Man. But this new part came to me in a dream. First let me give you some context, my goal was and is to gather all the wallpapers and .nicnt's made to date, into one organized folder. Then in the future as other wallpapers and .nicnt's are added, make an additional rar with that month's date. The goal being that new Members can get everything that was ever made in one rar, then they can add additional months as they pass. So this would involve every contributor adhering to the same naming scheme. Namely to call the .png's "wallpaper.png" then place that file in a folder with the name of the Library. Within that folder another contributor would put in the accompanying .nicnt. Now I know the Artists like to just post the wallpaper, so that everyone can get it immediately, but if we took this additional step it would make it so much simpler to Archive everything, going forward. So to please those who want to get the wallpaper immediately and those that want the .nicnt and the wallpaper rarred into one folder, I came up with this idea. This is the part that came to me in a dream. You know how you can use an image to link to a rar? Well what I was thinking, was having the rar containing the .nicnt and the wallpaper posted somewhere, and using an image of the actual wallpaper as the link? Do you follow what I mean? In other words if you left click on the link, the rar downloads with everything in it. But if you right click on it and choose "Save Image as" you'll save only the picture. This would cover a person's need to get the wallpaper immediately, and the other person's need to get a rar with both files in it? What do you think, am I just crazy? I know it's a bit more work for the Uploaders, but backing up our Archives each month will be as simple as unrarring those folders into a Master Kontakt Folder for the month of say, March. I know change doesn't come easy, and if you decide this is just some crazy hair brain scheme, I'll accept your decision. I was just trying to come up with a way to back-up your awesome pieces of Artwork, from the Past and well into the Future. A method that was organized, yet really easy and useful to the End-User. Your thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  9. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    Thanks a lot celtic. Bonito.

10. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

SAMLPLE MODELING KONTAKT LIBRARIES
    sample modeling library.png

11. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

I´m not completely sure about you said, but the first I think when read that is: I have 1895 NICNT files, many of them from official libraries with wallpaper inside appart from mines. How could be done what you say?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I lot to digest in your message, good brother. Give me a little time to read it more carefully. While we're on the subject of "archiving" these wallpapers and nicnt files, RainMan started archiving many wallpapers several weeks ago (he created a repository site). Have you spoken with him about the project? What he is doing is similar in many ways. Perhaps you two can combine your ideas and come up with something that will compliment both.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  13. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

8dio MUSIC BOX
    music box.png
    Samplephonics RETRO STAB KITS
    retro stab kits.png

14. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Say Phloop. You requested this as part of the Embertone Strings Solo series way back on 2/13/2017. As you know, things can sometimes get quite hectic around here. Easy for many requests to get buried in the avalanches. <lol>
    Embertone Intimate Solo Strings Bundle
    intimate solo strings bundle.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

Aria Sounds VIOLINIST
    violinist.png

16. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

Wavesfactory BLACKTOMS
    blacktoms.png
    Wavesfactory SAMBA DRUMS
    samba drums.png
    Wavesfactory OSSIFAR DRUM
    ossifar drum.png

17. RainManMac

RainManMac Audiosexual

Bigfish Audio PROMETHEUS
    prometheus.png

18. Rob James

Rob James Ultrasonic

Hi Griff, yes I spoke to Rain Man in private conversation, that's how this all started. I sent him the entire collection I put together so far, including all the new wallpapers. He hasn't had a chance to send me what he has so far, so that we can combine the two, and eliminate the duplicates. But don't get me wrong, this is not something I have to do, I just felt there was a strong need for it. But if no one is interested, hell that's fine with me. It's a shitload of work anyways. It was going to be a labor of love, because I admire your work so much, and really LOVE how my Kontakt looks!! I wanted to organize things to make it easier for Members to access, especially new Members. But realistically it's a monumental task......and if there is no desire for it....there's no point in pursuing it. Just thought I'd put it out there.
    @Celtic I think most of those 1895 wallpapers you have are already in the collection I've put together, especially if you got them here. Although I do agree some are missing the .nicnt's. That's where you come in, as you are the resident expert on making .nicnt's.........and probably have a huge collection you can add to the Master Kontakt Folder. The way I see it, it takes the Artists to create the works of Art, a Coder to make the .nicnt's and an Organizer to put everything into one cohesive collection.

19. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Believe me Rob, anytime someone takes the time out of their busy schedules to try and improve or makes things easier, it's ALWAYS welcomed. No doubt about it! I did not know that you had already spoken with RainMan about your ideas. Between what you have, along with RainMan's, I think that is more than adequate. As you correctly point out, collecting and ordering hundreds of these files is a tremendous undertaking for anyone. For those folks requesting newer files, for the most part, they can be easily retrieved, Trust me when I say, your and RainMan's efforts are more than appreciated by anyone who enjoy using custom Kontakt wallpaper.

20. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Wide Blue Sound ECLIPSE [Posted: 2/27/2017]
    eclipse.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List