Kontakt v7.13 is still the champ!

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by saccamano, Feb 18, 2024.

1. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Was having a cat adding a certain Kontakt library to the newest 7.8.0 FULL kontakt client on my test bed. It simply would not work unless searching the lib directory and adding it as a folder (ugh!). It would not display as a properly installed RACK plugin. Even went so far as making nicnt files (this particular lib didnt have one originally) and the 7.8.0 installed version just refused to cooperate. Using the latest R2R lib manager did not work. Have the latest version of the .XML file installed as well... Ultimately, I ended up shit-canning the regular FULL installed version of 7.8.0 and went with the FULL portable 7.8.0 version and the problem library installed in 2 seconds. I also took the same lib (with the properly made nicnt file of course since you remember it didn't come with one) over to my production box where I run the FULL INSTALLED version of Kontakt v7.1.3 and it imported without an issue... The FULL v7.1.3 Kontakt version I am running in production is an R2R ISO of the original legit client that has ALL FACTORY LIBRARY MANAGEMENT INTACT - there is no need for any separate library installer's and it works flawlessly. I have yet to find a library that it won't import.

I would like to know what the reasoning is for systematically yanking out all the BUILT-IN factory library management from all clients released after the 7.1.3 version that I have???

Would also like to request a list of kontakt libs that REQUIRE a full version kontakt client greater than v7.1.3. I have not come across anything I need that makes this requirement yet... Although I have heard they are out there...

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

im still using K5 version 5.5.8 i think. stable, K7 still has tiny antz GUI, so no need for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. MFShreddage

MFShreddage Kapellmeister

I used Kontakt 6.7 (portable) to load libraries but had to uninstall it and install Kontakt 7 for new libraries. Version 7 has no major changes except for 2 new effects and (useless) Bowser.I prefer version 6, specially portable version.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  5. Ryan

Ryan Ultrasonic

I wonder if there are any benefits of using a non portable kontakt? When I read people having issues with basic things like adding libraries and such, I wonder why they are not just using portable (if at least their OS supports that of course) . The only issue I ever had was somehow ending up with some duplicates of libraries a few years ago my rack and somehow the were seen as seperate instruments by kontakt . So when you would load a song that used one of them, it really needed to be that one (even though they were same) and otherwise the instrument would not load. It was a weird issue and never really got solved. However, . I just deleted the tracks that had one of the duplicates and created a new one as a way to solve it..but it was quite a hassle.

6. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

What I have noticed using the full installed v7.13 that has the built-in factory library management, it works first time every time with regard to managing library installs. As far as completely removing the lib's it still (even with the legit version) requires a trip to two different registry keys to get it out of the database...

7. Ichos

Ichos Producer

I agree with @saccamano
    Kontakt 7.13 by All the teams including R2R, Bob Dule and r4e are the most stable of version 7 release. Just install and blast on....  :phunk:

8. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

The trouble is lots of newer Libs will only run on newer versions of Kontakt. I had to update Kontakt 7 to get one lib to run.

9. ArticStorm

i know, but i am using Kontakt only with my own samples.

I tried to build a piano library with it, long time ago, but the GUI is so small i gave up and build it in Ableton sampler instead.

I thought NI would care and make the GUI bigger for the future ...

10. Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton Producer

yes.... agreed

11. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

I had to move from an older version of Kontakt 7 to a newer version of Kontakt 7 for some library. I thought Kontakt doesn't break compat for the same major version, but I guess that's the road they're going down. Force frequent updates to make it harder for people to keep up with K-Portable/bobdule/R2R.

12. ArticStorm

no the reason is their sub model, you need to show acitvity in order to make look a sub model the way to go.

so you get half backed updates, without focusing on the important stuff. i wonder how people work with that small GUI on 4k monitors?
    Its already a mess on 1080p

13. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

It pretty much all depends on who builds the library and what resources they used to build it... If they used features only available in later versions then that will dictate the minimum version of client needed to successfully use that library. Personally I haven't run across any lib's that required much more than K6....

14. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Is the legit version fully size-able? Somehow I doubt it, but the groups keep pulling out the factory library management stuff all the time so why not the gui size parameters as well...

15. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Yes, zooming works and zooms instrument GUIs too. "Legacy" UI elements are fairly blurry though (bitmap fonts for example).

16. ArticStorm

nobody needs instrument guis, i need to resizing of the whole GUI, like this here?
    k7.png
    its stipud small on 14" 1080p

17. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Yeah, it zooms the entire GUI

18. ArticStorm

but where? i couldnt find a setting for that?

19. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

I think it was added in a more recent version of 7.

upload_2024-2-19_18-19-34.png

20. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

the zoom was added in 7.4.0.

21. ArticStorm

hmm the screenshot is from 7.4.0 from me above. its not there for me. do i really need to upgrade now to have GUI resize?
    i wonder why this wasnt priority for K7? its the most important improvement.