Kontakt v5.0.3 U x86 only?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by manight, Oct 7, 2012.

1. manight

manight Newbie

I don't know why but it seems that reaper find this as bridged from x86 instead of 64bit but if I launch the standalone in the info it seems to find x64 processor so I guess the 64bit version starts.
    I'm sure I'm saying something lame but have no clue on why it's that.

3. urOk

urOk Member

Show to the Reaper folder with Native Instruments C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

4. manight

manight Newbie

Hi Urok I don't have that folder since I made the installer point 64bit versions to C:\Program Files\vstplugins (and 32Bit versions to C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins

From you answer I understand that there should be a 64bit version of Kontakt so I messed up something for sure... going to reinstall. Thanks

5. trees415

trees415 Noisemaker

I had a similar problem using Kontakt within Reaper. I fixed the issue by moving the plugin files so that they wouldn't be located in a subfolder of my main VST folder I'd assigned in Reaper.

6. manight

manight Newbie

Going to try. thx

7. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Thought I'd note that the program kontakt and the plugin kontakt are not related. So if the program works in x64 is really doesn't mean anything to the plugin. Just like you can install the program but not the plugin. But as stated above usually moving the files helps. I've had a bit of problems with kontakt 64. I'm just lucky my daw allows me to use all my memory so the x64 isn't needed. I had to switch back to x86...

8. manight

manight Newbie

I think that Reaper, doing automatic bridging, will do something similar (but maybe I'm saying a bullshit here). Anyway I'll move the files and report back here

9. manight

manight Newbie

Moved them but with no luck. I saw I have Absynth5 as x86 as well. I must have messed something during install... maybe I switched the folders and then deleted the 64bit versions instead of the 32bit..