Kontakt Unlocked 5.65 update for MAC - TZ Goup not Fully Functional on Yosemite

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by oisinn, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Well I've been wrestling with the Kontakt v5.65 Mac release from the sister site and it installs fine on Yosemite, adds Libraries and plays great BUT once closed and re-opened the Libraries Tab is empty. I have installed it on three different computers all running Yosemite and still get same result.
    I have replaced the APP and Plugins with the craiced ones, everything in absolutely the right location. I have added read, write and execute permissions with BatchMod and Permissions Reset to not only the APP but to the Plist files in both the User Library and The Mac Library. I have re-downloaded the release unrared on windows and used Keka on Mac but its still the same story. So I have now reverted to v5.6.1 and that is keeping libraries in the Tab as normal. Most everybody seems to have this release working so I am Baffled why v5.65 is playing up like this and concerned that my update route is blocked.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  3. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Has any body got any ideas how to resolve this?? This release was originally shared on a very exclusive Mac site which normally does not take too kindly to its stuff appearing over here but there is an anouncement, on that site, that the release here was approved. So you need not be reticent in discussing. In the meantime Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Duit and a Happy New Year to one and all:like:

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Im not a Mac user but Win user, but in general that v5.65 is a challenge in many ways!

Several libraries will not work in that version .... several devs has send warnings to customers that they should keep from installing this version, wait for another update and a fix etc etc.

I installed a former version myself because even the engine itself has so many bugs its nearly imposseble to work in if you´re trying to edit, map etc.

My advise: Dont install........ or if you have installed: uninstall!

Cheers

5. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Best Answer
    Problem Solved. Not an issue with the craic at all. Where I was going wrong was to do a fresh install with the Kontakt v5.65 Full install demo downloaded from the NI site then replace with the craic files. This gave me a fully functional v5.65 except that the added libraries were not listed in the Service Center and instead a .tmp file was left on the desktop resulting in the Library Tab being empty on re-opening Kontakt.
    I now have a completely working v5.65 on Yosemite with this method: install Kontak v5.4.1 Full Installation, install v5.6.0 Update, install v5.6.1 Update, install v5.65 UPDATE and then replace with the craic files batchmodding Kontakt App.
    Thanks for the response Phloop. I have not had any issues with any Libraries not working on Kontakt 5.65 per se as yet either on Win or Mac. If you want to use some of the latest libraries you will have to bite the bullet and update in the near future.
    All the seasonal best Lads