Kontakt suddenly crashing, and will no longer launch ( SOLVED )

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by michaelv, Jul 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

2. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

Thanks Dupree, I had the same problem after adding a library into Kontakt. The library was Big Fish Audio Modern Gospel Hits. I used a SNID of a library I dont ever plan to install. The SNID was H13 ( Plectra Series 4 Turkish Oud). After adding the library, Kontakt crashed and I couldnt open it again. I deleted the SC3 temp file. That still didnt rectify the problem. After reading your post, I deleted the XML file in service center and deleted it. I was able to open it. I dont know if it was the SNID, or the the placement of the .nict file. I installed it in a register above the NKC and NKR files. I might try it again.....

3. ilbro2

ilbro2 Noisemaker

Thank you Dupree! A life saver! I tried what you suggest and it worked.
    In my case the problem was adding a library called "Piano in Blue". This library had a SNPID with a value of R44 defined in its XML file within the `Machintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center` directory:

<SNPID>R44</SNPID>

As far as I understood, Kontakt 5.6.6 didn't like this SNPID for some reason (maybe because of the initial R letter, I really don't know), so I changed it to:

<SNPID>006</SNPID>

Which is not conflicting with any other library I currently have, and voilĂ , Kontakt 5.6.6 stopped crashing!

4. emilianorn

emilianorn Newbie

Hi, i've signed up to thank you all for this thread. You save a lot of my time. Thank you!!!!