Kontakt storing samples

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Mostwest, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Hi guys, how is going? I have one problem between Studio One and Kontakt. Sometimes i like to use Kontakt for snares so i can play with the velocity a little bit instead of copying the sample in the audio track. I also use a lot the coomand "Delete unused file" in the pool since I experiment a lot with bounces.

The problem is that S1 don't recognize samples used by Kontakt and "D. U. F:" just move the sample into the trash, so when i re-open the project Kontakt pop up saying that the file is missing.

The first thing a could do is obviously not use the D. U. F:", second i could just manually copy the sample into another folder than "media". But i wanna know anyway if it possible to store patch settings + sample in Kontakt in a quick way. I'm pretty sure that it's possible but i don't know.

Thanks!

3. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

Thanks for asking, I'm not bad and hope you're fine.

Did you check that box below?
    [​IMG]

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Yes this is already ON since day 1. I also notice that things works for Izotope Iris 2 wich is another sampler. Kontakt should tell S1 wich files it's using in order to no delete them. However I'm pretty sure that is possible to save Kontakt patches but I don't remember how.

5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Nobody?

6. Mayson656

Mayson656 Noisemaker

I had this problem with full libraries, the batch re-save option worked in my case, not sure how it would work exactly with single samples, I haven't tried it but maybe you could? have a go and let us know
    Hope it works for you