Kontakt setup has failed: "FALSE"

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Putrendech, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Putrendech

Putrendech Newbie

I´ve been trying to install kontakt 5 but i´ve had no success, I tried with 5.6.6, 5.5.0, 5.2.1.
    first time I installed it, it seemed like it worked, gave me no errors, but there was no program shortcut and there where no Native Instruments folders. I tried installing again but it gave me an error that said that I had the program aIready installed. I did some research and i found that I could delete some registry keys so I did that, I think I was able to delete and install a couple of times, but i coulnt find any folders so i decided to create a Native Instruments folder in Program files, and i chose those at the time of installation. Thats when i got the message (Kontakt setup has failed: "FALSE"),now ive messed with the reg keys and some folders, but I get the same message.
    Any Idea of what could I do?

I´m running windows 10 64bits btw

3. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

What I would do in this case is just trying the newest 5.7 version of Kontakt. It's a great release! And you don't really have to do any installations for that.

About deleting Kontakt. According to NI you still have Kontakt installed, right? I think you should try to remove it by a full uninstaller first and not by deleting register keys.

What I always do when I have to uninstall programs is using the free version of Iobit uninstaller. It removes everything of the program and also any residual files.

4. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Sounds like you corrupted installation & trying to install over the top of another installation.

Would totally remove and start again ->
    Default installer/un-installer normally in C:\ProgramData but is hidden by default.
    Therefore you need to ENABLE hidden files and folders & search for kontakt.
    You find a folder with Kontakt Factory Library Setup PC in it and also encrypted .msi
    Delete that folder after removing.
    Also you can search installer log which will tell you locations of registry keys which you should also delete & start over
    i.e by default C:\ProgramData\Native Instruments\Installer Log -> by default something like

[INSTALLATION PATHS]
    TARGETDIR_PATH=C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\
    VST32_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\VST Plugins\Native Instruments
    VST64_PATH=C:\Program Files\VST Plugins\Native Instruments
    AAX_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins
    AAX_PATH64=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins
    FACTORYCONTENT_PATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments
    SYSTEMEXTENSIONS_PATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\
    [REGISTRY KEYS]
    SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\InstallDir=C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\
    SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\InstallVSTDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\VST Plugins\Native Instruments
    SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\InstallVST64Dir=C:\Program Files\VST Plugins\Native Instruments
    SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\InstallAAXDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins
    SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\InstallAAX64Dir=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

Delete ALL registry keys & start over.
    Best of luck :bow:

5. Putrendech

Putrendech Newbie

6. Putrendech

Putrendech Newbie

thank you! i found a portable version of 5.7, and im using that. i dont know if the uninstallation is still important, I dont know how i would do that though, cause there is no instance of the program anywhere in my computer.

7. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

Has anyone started using Kontakt 5.7.1 with the previous versions? Do you have to do any tricks like I read with the 5.68 release. How do you add libraries?"

8. Putrendech

Putrendech Newbie

im using the portable version of 5.7.0, and it works, if you read above,"apparently" I wasnt able to completely uninstall the previous version. and libraries dont seem hard to install

9. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

Can anyone please provide a step by step procedure to run Kontake 5.6.6. and Kontakt 5.7.1 on the same computer. I wanted to use The Orchestra but 5.6.6 is too old