Kontakt scripts catalina version question?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Gen1, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

Due to resent problems running Kitty Script and klu, as in not working properly.
    A question came to mind.
    I have 2 hackintoshes a sierra and Catalina build. I've had no problems with the kitty script on either of these using kontakt.
    But, on a mac mini 2012 running Catalina, kitty script always has an error of not finding the folder I choose and Klu pops up a class error when run.
    So my question is. Is the reason these scripts are not functioning as they should due to the mac mini or version of Catalina?
    Being as they run on (3 in total) hackintoshes, it doesn't seem to make sense it doesn't work on a real mac. Is it some kind of security or permissions issue stopping Kitty finding the folder I select? Or Catalina version number?
    Is or has anyone else experienced this problem and found a workaround?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

You got this machine second hand? So you don't really know what has or hasn't been done. Does it have xcode installed? open terminal,
    run the xcode-select –install command. Get Codesigner from Sister site. Get Permissions Reset2 or BatCHmod via google. Install a firewall if it does not have one. I use LuLu instead of Little Snitch on older machine. But either will work for your purposes.

I'm not *recommending it*, but if I got an older machine with Catalina on it already; i'd probably roll it back to a fresh Mojave installation. I'm not even sure I would screw around with a Mini of it's age.

4. Gen1

Gen1 Newbie

I've sorted it. I looked online on how to uninstall every part of NI Kontakt. Rebooted and began from scratch installing Kontakt 7. This time everything works, including all the scripts.