Kontakt REFUSES to work in FL Studio 20

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by ghostwriter, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

Hello.
    About a year ago, I've updated my FL Studio to version 20. Everything was working fine until suddenly, about 2 months ago, FL Studio's Wrapper plugin decides it doesn't want to load 64 bit Kontakt 5.7.
    I've tried updating both FL Studio (to 20.5) and Kontakt (to 6.1) and I still have the same issue.
    Here is a screenshot: [​IMG]

Reinstalling both of them entirely (while restarting the PC multiple times in the process) worked the first time, then it didn't anymore. I've looked up solutions for this everywhere and couldn't find anything.
    Someone in ru tracker told me it could be my antivirus, but i found no indication whatsoever that windows defender or malwarebytes was causing this (after all, so far my kontakt was working fine), or it could be a windows update, but I couldn't dig any more than that.

What I know so far:
    *Downgrading to a previous version of Kontakt also doesn't work (and I really don't feel like returning to FL 12, unpractical and unoptimized in comparison to 20).
    *This is only happenig with the 64 bit version of Kontakt. 32 bit works until you close your FL project. After that it refuses to run (not to mention 32 bit Kontakt is very unpractical at this point).
    *I came across a few posts from legitimate users that also had this issue.
    *It could be an issue with antivirus (unlikely) or a Windows 10 update (which I have no means of verifying)
    *It could be something else entirely.

Does anyone have any idea of what can be causing this? I can't possibly be the only person having this issue. I've been stuck and my projects can't be continued until i fix this.. Please help?

Thanks again.

3. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

hiya. windows 10 it is. stay away from it, go win7 or 8.1 . can u do that ?

4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Maybe try to recreate this bug on another system if you have a computer with Win7.You'll know if the problem comes from Win10 or not as a starting point.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

been using latest R2R K5 release on win10 x64 in Ableton - i have no problems. Even some K6 versions works flawless.
    so i dont think its our beloved win10 making problems, its maybe FL being co**y??

FL Wrapper is sometimes really crazy, i mean - is there a way to clean the VST Cache like Ableton has?

or maybe your Kontakt installation is broken?

the screenshot is not visible.

6. mono

mono Audiosexual

First thing i would do is run the standalone x64
    then check the vsti x64 by using an other daw or vsti host.
    https://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

If its working ok after checking it , i would then remove all kontakt files from my fl plugin database found here,
    :\Users\your name\Documents\Image-Line\Data\FL Studio\Presets\Plugin database\Installed\
    :\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\Data\Patches\Plugin database\Installed

After that i would remove the knotakt.dll ie plugin x64 x86..and rescan my plugins in fl with fast scan
    then add the plugings back into your plugin folder and run an other fast scan so fl wrights the new database files for kontakt.
    if you then go to new on the database list and open kontakt from the new files
    to see how it went and if its back working add it to your main database ,add to plugin database.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  7. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

Honestly, I'm willing to test this on our windows 7 machine back home. Windows 10 gets on my nerves sometimes and I wouldn't miss it if it were the cause of this issue.

I don't know of any ways to do that in FL Studio. To see the screenshot right click the "img" and click "view image".. sorry for the inconvenience :s

Didn't work :s. Kontakt's x64 works both standalone and on VSTHost, but when following your procedure I get the same Fruity Wrapper error. Good try though.

8. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

UPDATE: I've tested mono's procedure on a Windows 7 machine, and, sure enough, it worked.

Kontakt 6.1 x64 works fine in FL Studio 20 on a Windows 7 machine.

I've been itching for an excuse to dump Windows 10. What still isn't clear though is what in Windows 10 could be causing Fruity Wrapper to not open Kontakt x64 especifically. All other VSTs are working as they should.

9. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

You could now try Knotakt on your Win10 machine with another DAW.You'll know if your problem comes from Win10 or FL.

10. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

I've quickly installed Reaper just now, for this purpose. Kontakt x64 loads fine.
    I've also double checked if Kontakt is the only plugin having this issue in FL (by opening every single 3rd party plugin. took me an hour), and it is.
    Idk where to go with this.

11. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Try another version of Kontakt so...You could find Kontakt v6.1.1 if you search a bit..:)

12. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

That is the one I've been testing so far.

13. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

I can't say what the exact issue is but it's definately not windows 10. Mine is up to date and running just fine with fl20

14. sms2000

sms2000 Ultrasonic

maybe its some crashes in FL. when I first installed FL 20 I had so many insane crashes. you should also check out the cpu usage maybe, sometimes we all use too much vst's

15. sms2000

sms2000 Ultrasonic

if it's the FL 20 problem, try to uninstall and reinstall FL. it fixed my bugs so far, mostly

16. sbsybarars15

sbsybarars15 Newbie

From its predominantly loop-based origins, FL Studio Crack has come a long way. It looks and feels like a professional digital audio workstation today, with a stunning, highly customizable UI that comes with several preset designs, placing in front and center whatever you need.

17. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Yes,it looks like a professional DAW and comes with thousands bugs.Search on Audiosex all the threads related to FL issues.Every 2 or 3 days a new one.

18. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

I was finally able to log back in lol.
    Here is an update:
    I needed to have my machine formated two weeks ago. For some reason after formating and resetting Windows 10, every issue I described was gone (my technician was unable to downgrade my OS to Windows 7 unfortunately... which I believe it's by design).
    Kontakt 6 x64 now works perfectly inside FL 20, but I still don't know what caused this. Reinstalling both doesn't do anything, but formating/resetting your whole machine does.
    :crazy::trolls:*clown emote goes here*

Heh, objectively, FL Studio DID come a long way since 10 years ago, and legit owners get a lot less bugs, plus customer support...
    Unlike "real daws" (sarcasm), which force you to pay for updates, install hardware-intensive DRM (spy) software, use a specific OS, and if you need help with a bug, u are screwed! (Avid i'm staring at you, u little ****)

19. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Good point,lifetime free updates are cool with FL.But I don't know computers enough for claiming that a DAW installs spy software or use specific OS.
    I make music with a DAW so I'm looking for something reliable,fast and intuitive.This is my priority.

20. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

You can downgrade from 10 ti 7 even if you no longer have it on your harddrive. @The Pirate did it on one of my machines with a tool he has. I had a similar problem as yours that was abke to solve alsowith a fresh install

21. Endrik

Endrik Newbie

Sorry for bumping a year old thread but wanted to mention a solution that worked for me. Apparently my firewall was blocking the connection but I didn't get a notification while loading it in FL Studio for some reason. What I did was start up the standalone .exe for Kontakt and then my firewall finally asked if I should allow the connection and I clicked Yes. Now the 64-bit version works on FL Studio as well.

Why I needed to unblock Kontakt in the first place is kind of weird but I'm just glad I got it working again.