Kontakt punched in my face again ( cant install )

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by abhizz, Feb 22, 2016.

1. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

Hi,

Installed kontakt 5.5.0 full and I had problems with adding old libraries and the standlone got(0x000007b) opening error. Tried alot for fixing that error
    (0x000007b). I was ok the vst option kind of works with the ableton. Again for my stupidity I downloaded tracer's new 5.5.2 for making the old libraries and standlone working. Saaaaaaaaaaaad!!

Installation is not possible because full version is found in this computer. You can update the kontakt 5 full installation by running the latest kontakt 5 updater

Its like I cant install any of the kontakts. Deleted these files and cleaned with ccleaner

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments

C:\Program Files (x86\Native Instruments\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Native Instruments

C:\ProgramData\Native Instruments\

C:\Users\PC\Documents\Native Instruments
    C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Native Instruments
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.NKB
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.NKI
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.NKM
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.NKP
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.NKS
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NI.Kontakt 5.nki
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NI.Kontakt 5.nkm

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Native Instruments

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Native Instruments

and also tried search and deleted Native Instrument, NI, Kontakt 5 in registry and C drive. Any solution? Will be the complete "Remove everything and reinstall windows will be the only way" ??? Please help

3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

format c: is one of the solutions .

second solution for next time dont download every warezed update you find , do you really needs 5.5.2 for your work ?

4. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

Had similair issue with 5.5..2 tracer, basically uninstalled and reinstalled kontakt legit no update then went back to R2r last crack, all working again

5. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

Can you tell me the procedure? Legit ? I dont have one actually :(

6. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

don't know if you don't have legit what to do...., i think you can still do it but remove what you can then go to last R2R update and reinstall ,otherwise Im not much help ,sorry

7. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

(0x000007b) error and cant add old libraries. Especially the galaxy vintage d library. May be I will cleanup my pc fully. Can you tell me which kontakt can really get the old libraries fully working? I got always the encrypted serial or registration problem.

8. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

Look for Kontakt update R2R most recent

9. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

"Kontakt punched in my face again"
    sounds like a "full kontakt" sample player :)

do you have a system-restore point that you might be able to restore? (one that was created BEFORE you installed 5.5.2 and even better, one before you f*** up your registry with placebo-tools like ccleaner?)

10. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you installed the latest versions of Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual C++ Redist.-Packs? Which Windows are you on, 7, 8, 10?
    I'm asking because once I had a horrible problem with that (0xc00007b) error as well (with the "Ignite"-Software by AirMusicTech), and installing the latest Microsoft-sh*t did actually solve the problem.

11. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

:rofl:

12. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

It is not :) . I did it and saw similar advice from another forum never worked :(

13. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

I was so stupid :(. I didn't done. The full windows 8 restore will help me?

14. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

You can trace which registry key is being accessed by the installer through procmon, but be prepared to scroll through 22,000 entries.

For future reference, do not install updates, they usually leave more stuff broken. Start by installing Kontakt 5.0.3 or 5.1.0 and then simply replace exe and dlls from the updater archive.

15. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

lemme quote Douglas Adams: "Don't panic!" :)

When you open the system-restore window and you don't see any restore point related to "Native Instruments" or "Kontakt", make sure you tick the option "show alternate/other restore points" (or whatever the line in your language is); this checkbox should be underneath the list of available restore points.

If you see nothing at all, then maybe syste restore is deactivated. People occasionally do that when they are running SSDs and want to save disc space and avoid excessive SSD access. If this is the case ... then things just got a tad more difficult and a fresh install is probably the best, fastest and most painless way to go.

Consider this: a W7-install (dunno what version of Win you are using) with a slipstreamed SP1 from a USB stick takes 40 minutes + 2 more hours for the apps to re-install ... might be the most hassle free option in your case anyway. Chasing down some registry related hickup is a royal pain in the ass.

16. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

Ha ha. You should write for Quentin Tarantino. Anyways, I'm using win8 original comes with my laptop. There is an option for restore everything under pc setting. Which will help me?

17. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

Thats a hard method I think :)

18. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

Only of he pays me with Big Kahuna burgers in glowing briefcases :)

The option you mention will most likely reset your notebook to the original factory-default state, which means: chosing this option will wipe everything clean and you can start anew. ATTENTION: make sure you have everything backuped, that you possibly wrote, downloaded composed in the time you worked with the machine. It'll most like be gone when you reset the notebook!

19. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

Will do that later for sure.