Kontakt protected/unprotected sample export

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by nano, Sep 15, 2011.

1. nano

nano Newbie

Hello everyone att AudioZ.

This applies to Kontakt.VSTi.RTAS.v4.0.5.UPDATE-AiR. According to the nfo is says that the user can "save protected content as unprotected".
    When installing and opening the nki files from Eeast West EWQLSO Gold (symphonic Orchestra - H2O 2004) everything works fine.
    Upon re-saving, it results in a nki patch file and a separate folder with all the samples in. Opening the new patch works fine.

BUT if the new re-saved nki file + its samplecontent is moved to another computer (one with a more up-to-date kontakt version, and that lacks EWQLSO) the following message is shown:
    "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective Library is registered properly". = The nki file can't be opened on another computer.

Question = How do you save the protected content as unprotected. So that you can open the content on other computers. Is there a way around this? New version? Any tricks? Solutions?
    Installing EWQLSO on the other computers is'nt exactly a good solution for keeping things clean and simple.

Best Regards
    //Nano

3. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

I think you have to update your kontakt to atleast 4.1.1 Air and then rename the dll and exefiles to 4.1.1 or whatever you wanna call them then install kontakt 4.2.3 assigne and kontakt 5 if you wish
    Both work togheter with 4.1.1 like charm i have all those installed hell i even got kontakt 3 as i got some work left unfinished that has kontakt 3 files.
    Then try to make a patch with one of the newer kontakt and bring it to your friend and see if it´s work.
    And hey your friend also may have one of those versions if he have a legit one or dynamics it want work