Kontakt patch for AAX? Any success in Pro Tools - for Windows or Mac?

Discussion in 'Software' started by swordsx48, May 29, 2023.

1. swordsx48

swordsx48 Newbie

Hi hope all are well!

I've noticed all the latest patches for Kontakt 7 and 6 have the standalone and the .vst patched but not the AAX.

Anyone have any success with getting the AAX working? Or best bet is to bluecat into pro tools?

I imagine if we've got the component, vst, and standalone patched, we're inches away from the AAX! Though if the patchers could have done it, I'm sure they would have.

Anyone have any insight on what makes the AAX units so finicky?

Thanks in advance!

3. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

AAX will not work if they've been modified at all. Kontakt must (currently) be patched for it to work, so it's impossible to use the AAX version in PT unless you're using a modified version of PT.

If an AAX can be authorized without patching it (such as by serial or authorization engine) then it will work in legit PT.

4. swordsx48

swordsx48 Newbie

They must track modification by changed signature right? What if we were to modify it then replace the signature with the pre-modification signature? Or how does it know it's been modified?

I'm into computers but not coding so don't mind my dreaming. I'm sure the patchers have thought of this so I'm happy to hear details on why this is or isn't possible.

Thank you Rasputin!

5. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

They're digitally signed with an embedded certificate. So you'd have to be a cryptographic expert.

6. Psyevil

Psyevil Member

You can use the cracked version of kontakt through Komplete Kontrol in Pro Tools. you can download it via native access