kontakt pan left

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by love music, Dec 9, 2013.

1. love music

love music Newbie

Hi friends I'm at a loss, I really need your helps.

i use cubase 5 with kontakt.

the problem: when i play some strings (for example)in kontakt, I notice that the sound go a little bit left,so i checked with analyzer to verify,and it's true.
    so i tried to look inside my kontakt maybe its somethings related to pannig or fx who interrupter,but i did not find anything unusual.
    What am I missing here??

I tried searching the forums and YouTube,but still nothing.(i saw posts that talks about pan hard left, but it's not hard lef it's just a little).
    I'm very frustrated, it's really annoying me.

please if there is anyone here who can help me genius

3. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Some libraries, especially symphonic libraries, have the instruments already "arranged" like they would be in an ensemble. Try just a regular old synth instrument in Kontakt or something and see if you are having the same issue. Otherwise it is probably just the library you are using.

4. haha

haha Ultrasonic

It is intentional, as lampwiikk pointed out. It emulates the position of the instruments on the stage (you wouldn't want to have all the strings, windds, brasses and percussion in the center). Especially if the developers recorded the orchestra 'in-place', on the actual position on the stage, that's even more understandable, at least regarding the tree and far mic positions. If you want to change the panning just use the close mic position and pan it wherever you like, then use a true stereo reverb to place it in space.

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

what Kind of track are you using in cubase a Midi track or instrument track you can make the strings centered by using the Pan on though's tracks Pan the track the opposite of the way the strings are paned and just adjust the volume