Kontakt Output question

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by xoso, Dec 10, 2012.

1. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Hey guys I'm trying to figure out how to change outputs in kontakt via midi signals. SO say I have 2 amp sims set up for a guitar library, and I want it to switch to a different output at a certain point in a song. Is there anyway to send kontakt the information to change the output channels? Or is there any other way to use automation to do this? I would be greatly appreciative if someone could help me figure out a method of doing this.

I Use FL Studio 10 but if you know how to do it in other DAW's im sure your explanation will at least help me figure it out.

Thanks.

3. juboh

juboh Member

should post this under DAW-Kontakt section, dude!!

4. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

This made help:

5. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Unfortunately not, I already set kontakt up like that I'm looking for a way to change that mid song in midi or automation. So say I have kontakt going to an amp sim with distortion and then I want to sent it an effects channel over to a clean channel at some point in a song. I want a way to be able to have it changed automatically.

6. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Xoso,

Use MIDI Program Changes.

Write these Program Change messages a few 'MIDI Ticks' before the start of the desired parts : Chords, Arpeggios, Lead,... to avoid a 'MIDI Overflow' with the others MIDI Events : notes, pitch bend,...

7. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

I know in Ableton Live there is an A/B cross fade section. You could run each channel on either side and assign a midi knob to fade between each. I've actually used that for switch from acoustic to distorted and it works very smooth.

8. prshreshtha

prshreshtha Newbie

It might not be the most CPU efficient. You could have both amp sims running all the way through the song, and mute one or the other when needed.