Kontakt or VSTi Strings-Pads Over Acoustic Piano

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vampgirl, Sep 17, 2024.

1. Vampgirl

Vampgirl Kapellmeister

Hello all,

I am looking for one or few Kontakt or VSTi libs to use on top of an acoustic Piano. I am pianist and mainly play piano and sing live. I already have a nice collection of Kontakt Piano libs and I am looking for a good library just to use on top of my piano in some cases. What I need is slow strings or pads or synth or any kind of dreamy sound which would nicely sit on top of the piano and mix well with it to make a rich full sound.
    If you have any idea it would be very kind to share :)

3. Katze

Katze Kapellmeister

There are so many options and you have barely specified what you want.

Recommending "a soft generic sound for the background" basically asks for a huge plugin list, you have so many things to pick from. Padshop? Infinity guitars for Kontakt? MNDALA? Literally any softsynth in existence? ....

Get DarkZebra and a preset collection, start small and only get one plugin people here recommend you unless you want to get lost

4. zpaces

zpaces Producer

Fracture Sounds Pianos come with pad-layers

5. Vampgirl

Vampgirl Kapellmeister

Thanks a lot for your reply Katze. Reading your response make me think that although I tried to be very specific, I was not able to express myself correctly. I knew exactly as you mentioned that there are tons of different libs out there and to avoid trying hundreds of different sounds in a library to find one or two that would be OK, I thought that maybe someone knew of one that is suitable or he/she is using for the same purpose or even an already lib sold for this specific use . I tried a few myself (Nucleus the orchestral core, few UVI Falcon libs) but unfortunately didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot. I will try this :)