Kontakt noob questions.

Discussion in 'Software' started by flguy, Jan 22, 2019.

1. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Right on. If I upgrade to 5.8, will all my libraries stay intact? I'm thinking about
    Thanks! It worked perfectly for me for most all of my libraries. My only issue now is the time it takes to load even individual instruments. It takes like 30 seconds, lol. The libraries aren't on my SSD for space issues, but still I feel like its very slow compared to other videos of people using regular drives. I completely cleared my database too since someone said it might hang up loading time. I even turned off windows defender just in case but still no speed increase. Any of you run into this?

My last question is it some encryption or something that causes a few libraries not to be accessible through the files tab? I guess I'm out of luck because making a nicnt still gives me the library error and I can't even access them in the files...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Do a batch resave of any library taking too long to load. Click on the Top right corner of Kontakt on the very left Symbol neXT to the settings Icon, click batch resave and choose your library. This will take a While. Afterwards load a Patch of that library and see the magic happening.
    You can do this with Any library you want to, the only thing you'll have to keep in mind is that you wont be able to Access this Version of that library in an earlier Version of Kontakt anymore unless you keep the rar files and reextract them.
    Just tellIng you in case you make the update, do a batch resave and switch back to 5.7.3.
    If so, i'd do the batch resave with your 5.7.3 and update afterwards, so you will be able to switch back anytime

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  3. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

hard to guess without knowing which libraries but maybe those are libs only supported by newer versions of Kontakt and wont let you add them but as far as I Remember Kontakt tells you that. But it's Worth a try.

4. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

I was able to recreate your problem. I had Ethno World 5 but deleted it for 6. Added EWQL RA as usual, same problem as you, tried what @Nana Banana said, recreated the folders, no success, added it to my ethno world 6, no success. I deleted the .xml file everytime and added the library again.
    So it seems like nana bananas workaround is the only way that can get you to use

5. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Tested to double-check, and RA is still a go using EW5 :yes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2019
  6. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Batch resave solved the slow loading times, you're a life saver bro! I was able to find some smaller libraries with bascially the same sounds as east meets west, so I'll most likley just keep Ethno 6. Thank both of you again for all the help! The only real issue now is these few smaller libraries that won't load in the library or files section even though they have a .nicnt file, but hey out of 30 libraries a few not working is something I can deal with :)!

7. watercolours

watercolours Noisemaker

Anybody has the official nicnt for "Heavyocity DM-307" ? looking for it as I can't get out of "this library belongs to a library that is currently not installed".I tried with different nicnt, removing xml and both plist then installing with Kitty's script but no success.I think it's a library that needs the original file.I'm on Mac. Thanks.

8. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I'm not on Mac, sorry but you would help our fellow Mac users to help you if you mention OS version and Kontakt Version

9. watercolours

watercolours Noisemaker

Yes sorry I'm on OS 10.15.7 Kontakt v. 6.5.3