Kontakt NKIs not working in one folder but work when moved?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by DonaldTwain, Jun 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DonaldTwain

DonaldTwain Kapellmeister

This is currently happening with 6.7.1, but also occurs on 6.7.0 (both are the vkD version). Library-wise, I have had this problem with lite version of Berlin Strings and Damage 2 where certain nkis crash Kontakt immediately when I try to load them.

E.g. I tried loading Damage's Ensemble Designer from my libraries folder and it immediately crashes Kontakt, despite having no problems with it until now. If I move it outside of the instruments folder or run it from a backup SSD drive, it will load. If I then save and move it back, or overwrite it with the one from the SSD, it crashes again.

Alternatively, if I leave it inside the original folder and rename it e.g. 'Ensemble Designer 1' it will also load (I thought this might be the best solution as it worked for all the problematic Berlin instruments as well, but it hasn't worked with the Loop Designer).

Any ideas as to what's going on?

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Do you have the library in more than one place? For instance, in your download folder.

4. DonaldTwain

Yes but on separate drives. I don't have more than one instance of the library per drive.

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

If you have batch-resaved the instruments at some point you could try putting the original ones in the folder lib that you use for playing it. DAW etc
    But it's a shot in the dark, there should be no crashes due to that.

6. DonaldTwain

I redownloaded the instruments folder and tried those. Same result - works when placed on desktop but not in the instruments folder. Ensemble Designer works when renamed but not Loop Designer etc etc. This is so stupid.

Maybe I'll just drag the nkis from my SSD drive into Kontakt when I need them and save a template if there's no other obvious solution.