Kontakt modwheel when no modwheel on midi keyboard

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by T2000, Jun 18, 2017.

1. T2000

T2000 Ultrasonic

Hello
    I bought a Novation Launchkey Mini and it has no modwheel. I was hoping to link it in Ableton using basic mapping, but in Kontakt, that isnt an option.

Anyone please know how I can map another knob to modwheel? Ideally saving this as a template so it is set every time I open. I have no experience with CC.

Thanks!
    T

3. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

I had the same with my mobile setup, forget it , no options here, you can't change the CC of the knobs of the LK mini , and you can't assign the Kontakt mod wheel to anything else then CC 1. the only thing you can do , which is what I did is afterwards automating the CC 1 within your daw .

4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Cant you put kontakt in a rack and assign a macro to it? I'm not at a computer to test it out but I don't see why you would be unableton to do it. :wink:
    I've used this method to assign my mod wheel to control other parameters in kontakt before, like a filter cutoff or something I don't remember at the moment. same thing but different

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Best Answer
    I can confirm that it does still work....
    Add Kontakt to a midi track, Press ctrl/cmd+g to group it. Then click the little down triangle on the plugin to open the plugin editor. Find the cc you want to re-route usually the first one for mod wheel and right click it. Then assign it to a macro knob. In the group plugin click the circle looking button to open the macros. Then enable midi learn ctrl/cmd+m and assign the macro knob that you assigned in the previous step to any knob you want. If you click the little MAP button on the group plug it will open the map editor and you can adjust min/max values and see what CCs are assigned to where.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

good call subGENRE! I have some Roland master keyboards with the damn springy mod/pitch wheel, and it's a pita for some Kontakt articulations... with this method I could assign it to a knob. good man!

7. T2000

T2000 Ultrasonic

Subgenre, thanks very much. I will test that when next able to