Kontakt mixes libraries! Please help!

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by marceandino, Mar 17, 2016.

1. marceandino

marceandino Newbie

I downloaded "Session Guitarist - Strummed Acoustic" from a torrent file. When I want to add the library to kontakt, it never shows up in the browser. Instead, it removes my 8Dio Adagio Violas library and where the library icon used to be I get the "library content not found. Click locate to set the content" message. Out of curisosity, I click on "locate" and I get this:

Sin título-2.jpg

Aparentely, it looks for the Adagio Violas.nicnt file in the Session Guitarist directory. Then I remove Adagio violas and reload it again, but still no sign of the session guitarist library. I guess there must be something worng with both session guitarist and adagio violas nicnt files, but I don't know how to fix this. Both libraries were downloaded from torrents. 8dio's libraries don't have ninct files, so this is obviously a custom made one. I really don't know what to do. Any ideas???

3. beatroot

beatroot Producer

Then I think both libraries have the same SNPID number in you nicnt.Had this problem before.Introninjas help for me was change the SNPID number of one of the libraries.All will be well ....unless you have the same copy of the said libraries elsewhere on your drive.Make a nicnt file and put it into each of the 8Dio libraries or check Introninjas posts you will find it there along with wallpapers.Search on this site .It is posted here!!!Tutorials are here too on how to fix this.Search search and you will find:wink:

4. marceandino

marceandino Newbie

Uh huh... I don't know what a SNPID number is. I'm not acquainted with Introninja either. This is actually the first time I use this forum, although I signed up a few years ago. I HAVE been looking, the problem is I don't know what exactly to look for. For instance I don't think the title I gave this thread sums up what I wanted to ask either. But thanks... I'll keep on searching

5. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

If either of the libs has a .ninct file open it with a text reader - you'll find the SNPID number in there. What you're describing is a classic case of SNPID conflict. Someone has arbitrarily assigned an already-used SNPID number to one of them - devs should always use unique numbers. You can edit the .ninct file to assign a different number, but be careful that you don't conflict with another lib. There are a couple if lists floating around on other threads of SNPID numbers from commercial libs - worth a look to be safe. Meanwhile, uninstall the lib you just installed (or both even, to be sure) and make sure you delete both the prefs and the XML file for both libs before you reinstall them with non-conflicting SNPID #s.