Kontakt missing GUI in some libs on xternal disc

Discussion in 'Software' started by gorri, May 26, 2015.

1. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

hello..

I have problems with some kontakt libraries showing up with their graphic missing if installed on an external drive... works if placed on internal drive.

any suggestions?

K-))

Macos 10.9.4, Kontakt 5.4.1

3. e-mu1970

e-mu1970 Member

Really? I have all my Kontakt Libs. on an external & no issues here for me 10.9.5 I did have to update my data base in Kontakt - have you done that? I know it can get a bit squirrley if you start moving the Lib. Tabs in Kontakt after adding Libs. - best to just keep them where they are put automatically...hope any of my mumbo jumbo helps..lol :grooves:

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Forgot to "install" (i.e. copy) some .nkr maybe?
    Doesn't Kontakt give you an error message when loading?

5. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

no message, again, if on internal harddisk everything is fine.

K-))

6. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

-- If you tried to use the libraries on your External disk on another computer :

Some old kontakt library install images files on C:/ drive
    located in :
    C:\Users\$user$\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures ( some rare libraries )
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures ( factory library )
    in this case you should find a version Kontakt that is Portable. ( i've seen that recently on AZ )

Other than that , cant see what the problem would be.

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

You could try to remove and re-add the libs from the new drive.
    Also, re-saving library programs with relative instead of absolute sample paths might help.

8. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

This.

Also, if you're not using Windows in English, some of the images might be in "My documents" but they should be in "Mes documents" or whatever the default title is in your language.

9. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Hi,
    yes I think I know what's the problem.
    NKR files (resource) are always saved with absolute path. It's a known bug since 5.1.0. You need to move the nkr from your internal drive to your external one and resave all problematic patches. When prompted in Samples Missing dialogue, point towards the newly copied nkrs on your external drive and that's it. ;)

10. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

Very interesting
    That explains a lot of things.
    If it ever get fixed ( if not already ) , we wont notice it unless we: -resave -move library -and reload library -- or -- get a library update ... (when available)

11. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

Thanks everyone! :wink:

K-))

12. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

Solved? i have the "missing files" same issue, but when i move a library from external HD to another external HD and want to add the library from the new HD: "missing samples", BUT from old HD loads perfectly!.... any suggestions please? thank you.

13. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

sorry, are we talking here about libraries downloaded through bittorrent files? because when it is so, i have found a solution for me (i'm on Mac):
    • Assumed the Instrument Library's Folder is downloaded first on an [:letter1] external HD
    1. Copy this Instrument Library's Folder (torrent file named) / or drag and drop it from the original [:letter1] external HD to a second [:letter2] external HD
    2. Search in Internet for the Magnet/HASH of the Library's Torrent and do a test "paste" to verify if it is the same torrent file.
    3. Start your bittorrent software (i.e. uTorrent) > search the torrent file > right-click > "Remove from list" (this erase the path to the file, but keep the file alive)
    4. Paste Magnet/HASH of the Library's Torrent again in bittorrent software (i.e. uTorrent) > re-direct the path to the new folder [:letter2] external HD (see STEP 1)
    5. Verify if the bittorrent software is checking the new path / downloading the sources again (at faster speed than usual). In few minutes your file will be completed 100%, and like commositore said,
      , your Instrument Library's Folder WILL BE READ by Kontakt, NO SAMPLES MISSING!!!!
    So far it does work for me now, and i am very happy!! :) no more missing samples again ever!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

No, we are not only talking about bittorrent files. But thanx for your input re this issue. :wink:

15. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

i.e if I plug my external HD to a different machine and start Sound-Dust Cloud Cello from external HD, GUI is "broken". If I then copy it to the different machineĀ“s internal HD, it works... In this example, on the "first machine" it actually works fine, both internal/external.

on a few other libs the GUI is broken when opened from external HD no matter what, but works on internal HD.

sooo, there must be a fix for this somehow.

K-))

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  16. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

gorri is using a Mac, not a PC, btw paths are differents. However, you've right about possible missing pics and indicated folder(s) for Windows platforms.

17. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Take care about some Kontakt v5.x (e.g. Kontakt 5.5 PC/Windows), they're some bugs (both in crk'ed and legit versions) btw some resources (such GUI pics) aren't displayed (or badly displayed). Unfortunately, I don't know about Kontakt v5.4.1 on MacOS X platforms, however (I don't use Mac)...