Kontakt library removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by sucklord19k, Jan 21, 2018.

1. sucklord19k

sucklord19k Member

I have a bit of a problem.

I recently updated Kontakt to 5.7.3 through the sister site; this included the Native Access emulator so I don't need to use Access to add libraries.

All of my libraries load fine, but whenever I load NOVO I get an error message: Your new Library needs to be added before this Instrument can be used. I'm sure removing the library and re-adding it will fix this, but I can't find a way to actually REMOVE a library from Kontakt 5.7, I can only seem to hide them.

Does anyone know how to fully delete a library from Kontakt 5.7.3? Maybe through the registry or some files? Deleting NOVO itself didn't fix this either.

I'm running both Ableton 9.7.5 and Kontakt 5.7.3 in 64bit on a Windows 10 machine, if that helps at all.

3. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Hi. I have the same problem before. Got suggested to use KLM 3 tools by Doubley and got it solved. Maybe search for this tool.

4. sucklord19k

sucklord19k Member

Do you happen to have a link or something? Googling "KLM tools" just brings up fuses.

5. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Best Answer
    *sister site*
    search keyword: klm 3
    :winker:

6. sucklord19k

sucklord19k Member

Yes! This fixed the problem. Thank you!

7. lecomputer

lecomputer Newbie

What if you are on Mac? The KLM tool is only for windows. How do you remove libraries? Thanks

8. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

You can always remove libraries manually.
    Remove the .xml file from:
    Library/Application Support/Native Instruemtns/Service Center
    Remove the .plist file from:
    Library/Preferences
    and also from:
    User-specific* Library/Preferences

*it's the dedicated Library folder for the logged user and is protected, but you can reach it if you're in Finder and hold the Alt key and click on Go menu, there will appear a Library line, click on it.

9. lecomputer

lecomputer Newbie

Hi Jazz, I asked a similar question in the other thread, but you've given more info here. As I said before out of 5 spitfire libraries that show in Kontakt, only 2 have .xml files in Service Centre folder. But all of the playlist files exist in both 'preferences' locations you mentioned. Can you think of a reason for this? I'm not even sure what each of the playlist files does

Thanks, sorry for any silly questions

10. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

You should just ask your questions in one thread instead of spreading it in many.
    You're doing things without paying attention of the details, I think.
    Are you sure that you were able to add all of those libraries? Did the prompt window said that you had successfully added the library?
    Some of the SF libraries have no .nicnt file and you can't add them as a library but you can load their .nki from the Files tab on the top-left of the Kontakt window.
    You mentioned in another thread that you had a legit Kontakt player as well. When you open Kontakt in a DAW you have to be sure it's the right version. Check it clicking on the Kontakt logo on the top-left of the Kontakt window and look what version it says.

11. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Not sure if this is what Iecomputer is getting at, but I've noticed that when you run a Native Access scan, which you need to do now to make some new libs appear in the tab, it seems to troll your drives and find and show libs you haven't installed in the tab, or installed earlier and removed (the old way). Whenever I've removed libs I've made sure to remove the XML and both sets of prefs, and libs that are not in any of these directories appear to be showing up now. Still researching this one, but I'm starting to wonder what exactly the NA scan is doing and whether it's possible to deliberately limit its scope. I have a number of libs on my lib drives that I don't want taking up space in the lib tab, but I retain just in case I need to install them for a specific sound or instrument. If they are unchecked in the lib management list are they completely uninvolved, or are they still bloating my NI memory, contributing to a lib list that gets unstable as it gets longer - or is that even still a problem in v6? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but this one hit a nerve.