Kontakt library order not saved

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Jan 7, 2022.

1. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

Hello, I have a problem, the order of the libraries in the Kontact browser list is not saved but it is not the case for all libraries.
    Only some libraries after I close Kontact are back where they were before I ordered them.

I have already tried it manually in Kontakt, of course in the stand alone version and also in the Librarys Organizer that comes with the Bob Dule version.

I am using version 6.6.1 of Bob Dule.

Do you have any idea to fix this problem ?
    I have a lot of libraries and when they are disorganized it is terrible to find something quickly.

3. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

unselect the AZ buton maybe

4. Andreas

Andreas Noisemaker

Open the Library Manager in admin mode or start your DAW in admin mode before sorting. This works for me.

5. BenniTheBlockbuster

Okay. thank you Guys for your answers...

the Weird thing is, There arent all Librarys in the Librarys Manager...for Example The LA Scoring Strings....they appear in Kontact and i can use them normally but in library manager they are not to be found, furthermore they are shown every time after sorting on top again,, las.png

6. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

this library is showing and moving normally, it need to open kontakt first to write the database, then use the organizer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

latest ver of Kontalt mac for me no longer saves the new library entry positions no matter how many times you drag them around. I wish I could find the file that saves their position so I could delete and re-create it maybe..

8. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Noisemaker

I can't for the life of me fix this. I'm on macOS (Monterey) running Kontakt 6.7. It's none of the obvious stuff. I'm not a noob with running Kontakt either. I've made many custom libraries for myself etc. I run a tight, organised ship with all my libraries and where they're stored etc. But recently there was one library I couldn't get to show no matter what I did. IN an effort to fix that problem I installed Native Access. It didn't break any of my other libraries (that I can tell), but now the order of libraries in the left-hand pane will not stay no matter what I do.

It's nothing obvious like having A-Z sorting on or doing my reorder in the standalone - I always re-order in standalone anyway. No matter what I do, it doesn't stick. Sometimes it sticks for a few hours. But the next day I open it and it's back to the usual, semi-jumbled order.

I've tried re-installing over the top. I've tried trashing all kontakt related pref files. I removed native access, including its xml, in case that was somehow telling Kontakt order the libraries a certain way. I've got no idea how to fix this from here.

I've also updated to 6.7.1, no fixes in the behaviour.

It's too risky to nuke Kontakt (including all library xmls) entirely because I need them working.

I wasn't having this issue before I installed Native Access, so I feel like Native Access caused this somehow...

Any ideas?

9. BenniTheBlockbuster

Do you use the Bob Dule Release ?

10. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Noisemaker

I'm on mac, so no.

11. rethrick

rethrick Newbie

Same problem over here. New Mac Studio. Running Kontakt 6.7.1 on Monterey. All libraries go back to unarranged mess. I too create custom instruments and keep those at the top of the list. This same mess happen years ago on Kontakt 5.5 and it took many updates before it was fixed.

I swear this is one of the many reason I can not stand working with Kontakt! It is such a mess and waste of time to have to reorganize the hundreds of libraries I have. No I do not want A-Z organization, that puts crap libraries I don't want at the top.

Anyone know a hack to get into Kontakt's library management? There has to be some preference somewhere that will allow us to control this! It has saved in the past so it must be saving somewhere (possibly inside the app itself).

12. Musix

Musix Noisemaker

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022