Kontakt Library not appearing

Discussion in 'Software' started by augustus_, Nov 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. augustus_

augustus_ Newbie

Hello all,
    I have looked on this website for an answer and I can't find one.
    I am using K'd Kontakt 6.3.2 from sister site. When I add the library to the 5.6 Kontakt it does not show up in Kontakt 6 in my DAW. Also when I close 5.6 and open it again it does not appear. I am tryin to add Ethno World 6 from rutracker. It contains the .nicnt file. This is the first library I am trying to install. Also when I add the library to the 5.6 there is no .xml file in the service center.
    I am lost and and help would be much appreciated.

Mac OS, 10.14.6

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Best Answer
    If there's no .xml file in Service Center, is there a .tmp file appearing on your desktop?
    If so, rename to .xml and make sure the file is the name of the lib. And put it in Service Center.
    This has been dealt with at AS before.
    Make sure the SNPID # in the .xml is the same as in the .nicnt.
    Btw, even if if a lib does show momentarily in K5, it obviously doesn't matter because it won't play anyway.
    K5 is just for adding the library, yeah?
    I must add, Ethno World may have been one of those that is problematic for another reason, but I can't remember what that reason is!

4. augustus_

augustus_ Newbie

Thanks for the response!
    I followed the steps you said and everything worked perfectly.
    Yes K5 is just for adding the library.
    Thanks again.

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

You're welcome! Glad you're sorted now.