Kontakt Library moved to another HDD and S1

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Mostwest, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Hi guys need help here. here is the situation
    I had all my Kontakt library on C (1 TB HDD). Now i bought a new SSD, formatted all the system and installed WIn10 (yeah bad idea i know already). The SSD is now C while the HDD is now D. So far so good
    The problem is that i used to save Kontakt patches/libraries with Studio One Presets because were faster to load and easy to recall instead the basic Kontakt way.
    Now my Kontakt Library will be under D and not C anymore. If i tried to open Studio One preset of course patches can't be loaded cause now are in a different Hard Drive.
    It's possible to use a fake folder in C that point intead to D, a sort of symbolic linker like OSX??

Thanks

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

You can try creating a Directory Junction within the command prompt or using this Shell Extension.

In command prompt it's basically:
    mklink /J "D:\path to existing Kontakt Library" "C:\path to new Kontakt Library"

Replace the red text with your actual Kontakt library location and the blue text with the new/fake folder you want to create.
    Remember to include the " "

Do the same for your Kontakt Custom Sounds folder.

In your case, the directories you are creating on C:\ have to be the same exact location you used on your old system for your S1 presets to pick them up.

You could also try to right-click and create a shortcut and remove the - shortcut from the name but I'm not sure that will work.

Remember to refresh your plugin directory under Effects for presets to show up.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record