Kontakt library loading too long!

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Medrewb, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

I am using the nicnt generator and made some library.. but when i load instruments, loading is very long (but all are working) i used it on 8dio zues and 8 dio products..please help!

3. dayron

dayron Member

You should try and Batch-resave your libraries when they take so long to load :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Some libraries have thousands of files to load in order to work. Additional instances of those same patches should load fast though in your DAW. Only real help is a fast drive, but even an SSD will seem like it takes a while on some of the huge stuff.

5. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

When i click on the instruments ( that i generated using "THE THING") my computer hangs for a long time..but the actual "instrument loading" is normal... i corrupted my 8dio 01_zues_main_kit.nki too... please pm me

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

If you are using Studio One save them as preset this will speed up the loading process.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

I am using fl.. its all same standalone..ableton live and pro tools.. it still hangs a bit..after hanging is done..instruments loading is fine, normal!

8. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

When loading the .nki file from the file browser its fast.!

9. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

I have had people telling me to batch resave for ages. Never bothered, and I just recently started doing it to all my libraries. The difference is huge. Libraries that normally would take 20-40 seconds to load now loads in 5-10 seconds. You should seriously start doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Resaving instruments is the best tip, try it before anything else (only instruments, not samples).

It could be your Kontakt has a too big database (in preferences, disable keep track of samples).

Also, have you tried Kontakt standalone? If it works well, you have to tweak your DAWs VST settings regarding CPU cores.

What nicnt generator do you use? The problem only happens when using libraries with self generated nicnt?

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

ITS not about my library..other NI libraries are fine..the generator is from AZ.. let me retry the batch resave..and yes..it only hangs on my custom generated library..but after the hangging the "actual" library loading is normal...

12. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Batch resave worked!! But only on the existing path..if i copied it to another directory..its slow again need to batch resave it again in that directory

13. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Glad you solved the problem. It's normal that resaving only works for one path, because this is just what makes it faster: it save the files paths with full path, not relative. For my most used big libraries I always keep two backups of the instruments/multis: the original and the "resaved" one. It's hard not to change the libraries location, though.

14. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Batch Compression to .ncw facilitates loading 40-50% of samples into RAM (very useful with library size & also how many samples u can load)
    Batch resave changes the NKI itself & links it directly to them samples.
    Therefore is advisable to do both wherever possible. ncw was created specifically for use with Kontakt therefore very useful in terms of large libraries full of WAV files. However batch compression of no real benefit when the format all-ready ncw.
    So first step Batch compress check folder structure, manually transfer data objects such as NKA and NI_ADD as in for AET layering etc as these won't be converted. Other things such as IR samples etc can go walkabouts so best to compare folder structure before & after.
    Once converted Batch re-save (Drastically speeds up loading times).
    Problems with batch re-save normally occur with say locations as u have found however is easy enough to manually re-link your samples to the NKI or check the registry keys, delete what u don't need or simply change the location ID to the new drive etc. Either will work. Best solution buy a SSD for your libraries, Batch compress where possible, Batch re-save & then leave well alone. As it portable & external shouldn't be many problems with drive letters etc which are common.
    BTW many 8 Dio products are especially bad when it comes to installing things when u say use the older installers. GUI problems & much more from the installers not installing in the correct folders. Situation may have changed by now as not used any 8Dio stuff for quite some time.

Good luck :like:

• List