Kontakt library limitations in bought Kontakt?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by torvalda, Jun 13, 2017.

1. torvalda

torvalda Newbie

Hey all. I have bought Kontakt already but have downloaded a few libraries to use with it and used Kontakt Library Maker to get them to show up on the right menu.

Ive noticed that they all have an "Activate" button beside them, and have noticed that one of them has a 15 minute timeout while the rest dont seem to have this. I can also load them all in using the quickload function and they work fine apart from the one with the time limit.

Im wondering what are the limitations of these libraries with the activate button on them? I can see now that the one with the timeout just wont work, so what about the others? Does anyone know if they have a limitation that I havent seen yet? Can I just leave them with the activate button and nver click it?

Hopefully someone knows more about this. Thanks for reading and hopefully helping too :D

3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

So you have a legit Kontakt and you are trying to load cracked libraries. Is that correct?

4. torvalda

torvalda Newbie

Yeah that's correct. I have read other threads but what I wanna know is do ALL libraries have some kind of limitation/protection? Do i need to worry about the activate button if the library is working?

The one that stops after 15 minutes says TRIAL in big red letters while none of the other libraries have that.

5. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Naturally you will have no limitations on libraries you have purchased and authorised. But you will not be able to run any library which you have not purchased. That's all I can say, you can run a cracked Kontakt with cracked libraries but your legit copy will never accept anything unless you paid for it and you authorise it with Native Instruments.

6. torvalda

torvalda Newbie

Yeah that's what I'm trying to get at tho it's kinda hard to explain. All 8 of the ones I downloaded work except ONE which has a 15 minute timeout limitation. I'm asking do they all not have something LIKE this, maybe not that time limit but something else to prevent you from using it?

That's my point I am 100% able to use all of them bar that one. That's why I'm wondering about the little black activate button do I just never need to click on it or what? Will the library still work as it is now forever?

Also if I use quickload to load them then I can still use them fine and again the only one that doesn't work is the one with the time limit, it works but only for about 15 minutes. It also has a big red demo button on it, either loaded through quickload or the right hand menu.

I've read the posts saying what you've said about them not working with bought kontakt that's why I've made this thread cos mine ARE working except that ONE single one which seems to have a protection built into it.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Swiss Made

Swiss Made Member

Actually, if I may, I am (and probably not the only one) very interested in that situation because, so far, I downloaded something like 1Tb of Kontakt libraries on the sister-in-law site, that I still NEVER used :unsure:, since I'm a legit Kontakt customer pathetically scared by either :
    A- open cracked on my legit (which I thought like Torvalda would never work anyway, after reading many forum threads)
    B- install a new cracked Kontakt in parralel of my legit (because I would probably create a reall mess in my PC).

Therefore, if indeed some cracked lib are working on a legit K, and it seems that Torvalda is in that situation, well it's a nice surprise.

8. 3typen

3typen Member

ok. maybe the 7 are none to register cause they are just playerlibs but the other one is the one who needs to be activated with ni. doesnt change anything dont matter how often you ask. it will work only with a legit kontakt.

9. torvalda

torvalda Newbie

So then you are saying 3typen that some have a limitation built in like a time limit and others have nothing?

Swiss Made. The libraries should only be files for the library and shouldn't need cracked, at least that's what I thought but the one I'm talking about obviously has some copy protection built in. I wouldn't install a cracked kontakt cos you'll always need to upgrade it to run new libraries and you have to completely remove the old version which is a real hassle. From what I see the newest version is harder to get going than previous.

All im asking is can I ignore the "Activate" button the libraries I have that are fully working and will they continue to work but no one here knows as yet.