Kontakt library dont show up after adding :(

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Khoa Tran, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Newbie

Hi everyone,
    My probolem is after successfully adding the library, it don't show up in the library tab.
    I try to add 8dio - Epic Taiko Esemble, I've downloaded the wallwaper & nicnt file on the internet. But fater adding, it don't show up. try to re-add, it says this pack already exists within the libraries tab, but I just don't see it.
    So how can I fix it?
    Thanks in advance!!!!

3. Demon

Demon Producer

Hi. Try opening the nicnt file and change the SNPID number. Save, close and try to add it again in Kontakt.

4. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

Have you had same problem here like me?

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/14116-kontakt-player-update-problem/page__p__94469__fromsearch__1#entry94469

If so, i solved that and i can help.

5. Ricren

Ricren Newbie

How did you solved it?

6. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

Have you had same problem like me?

7. Ricren

Ricren Newbie

similar problem i one machine. You have a solution?

8. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

Yeah first install Kontakt (i installed 5.0.1) and then install last update (5.4.1), i mean don't install update on v5.3.0 , 5.3.1 whatever.

This is my solution and it works.

9. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Newbie

Thank you! I changed the SNPID number but still no luck at all. Others library works fine, just this one :(

10. Nocturne

Nocturne Newbie

Can You load lib manually? ( by picking instrument from "File Tab"? ) if so 1st thing I would do is to get correct ( different source of wallpaper and .nict file) as one You have might be corrupted/used by different version of lib etc.

Problem You might come across at this point are leftovers from unsuccessful "lib Add".

Check method below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is how I would approach this issue:

>> Complete Kontakt 5 Uninstall
    >> Make sure there are no leftovers from Kontakt and follow instructions below and do same for Library in issue
    >> Get stable Kontakt 5.3.0 and install it
    >> Remove and add any library that already is present in Kontakt browser ( to check basic function of installation You currently have)
    >> if working try now ADD Library in issue ( make sure when prompts come up You press right options )
    >> if working update Your Kontakt to newest rev available.

===========================================================================================================================================================
    Sounds like You still have some leftovers from previous installation.
    Easier path to resolve this issue is to get same library from different uploader (it has to be different source)

If that wont help ( lets say library is not corrupted in any way from internet download) only thing left is to clean up Windows registry.

During "Lib Add" Kontakt is checking each time what Lib Name is already installed not by looking at Player window - its going straight to registry.
    If there is something over there with same name string , it will assume You want to add already existing entry and it will stop You.

1.Delete the registry key related to that library
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\(LibName)

2.Delete the from registry value related to that library
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content

3.Delete the xml file related to that libary
    %Program Files%\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

==============================================================================================================================================================

Some steps can be skipped but this is in my opinion most universal method of investigating issues of this nature.

Regards

Noctrune

11. Logos219

Logos219 Newbie

My MAN!!!!! Iv'e been working for hours trying to get this library working and you just fixed it for me. Thanks a bunch man!

12. SimonMiranda

SimonMiranda Newbie

Would you know where the files you mention at the end are on mac? I could only find the XML

Please help:(