Kontakt Library Content Missing Problem

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by R.Park, Dec 30, 2013.

1. R.Park

R.Park Newbie

Hi, I am a newbie so please forgive me this is my first post.

OK so this is what my dilemma is...

I have Kontakt 5 and I wanted to take my Johnny Juliano Trap Drum Kit which they are in .wav format an convert them into .nki format.
    So what I did was open up my LOGIC PRO X 10.0.5 running on Mac OSX 10.8.5 created a new instrument track, ounce kontakt opened up I clicked on files located a 808 .wav sound double clicked on it.
    Now that the 808 is loaded I clicked on the little wrench button top left of the sample, it opens up and gives me the option button to save which is located next to the left and right arrows top right hand corner.
    I click save and the option comes up to save patch and sample or just patch.
    I chose just .nki patch...Now the 808 .wav saves in .nki file format.
    Now I created a nicnt file with wallpaper then tried to load it as a kontakt library and it says library content is missing click locate.
    It gives me three options to locate automatically, search in spotlight, or locate manually.
    Ive tried all of these options do not work, when i click on search automatically nothing happens, same for spotlight search, and when I locate the folder manually and click open it tells me to locate the file still..

What am I doing wrong?

3. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

What you've done is convert files, not create a library. You should be able to load the samples..

4. R.Park

R.Park Newbie

So what do I need to do to create a library if you don't mind me asking? @Dr. Howard

Also thank you for reply :mates:

5. lcp

lcp Noisemaker

put the wallpaper in the same folder as all the instrument samples documentation etc.then go to add library click the folder with everything in it and add it

6. R.Park

R.Park Newbie

@Icp I've done that I have the wallpaper and the nicnt file in the same folder as the wav samples I converted to nki format an it just keeps asking me to locate missing library content.

7. testkid008

testkid008 Member

I assume that your nicnt file has an id in it, that is used by another lib you have installed...

8. R.Park

R.Park Newbie

@a guy called.. I believe so, I edited a nicnt file from another drum kit I had already in note++.. Changed the name, and reg name n change the slid number to something else.. But it's not working for me.. For example I have a kit called urban 808 i edited that nicnt file and just change to the name n not the reg name n the samples of the johnny Juliano samples show up under urban 808 tag, but the actual urban 807 library gets removed.. If that makes sense

9. testkid008

testkid008 Member

I had very strange problems with kontakt while creating/editing my own nicnt files - I have lots of libraries installed. Now I am using KLM3.0ByDoubleY for creating libraries, which is working fine so far...

10. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Found this interesting video a couple of days ago.

11. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

@R.Park
    When creating your own Fresh Library you need the following files:
    .nicnt(maybe lol)
    .nkx
    .nkc

Consider these like system files for each library to create

See Here, How to create Master Library Folders On MAC:
    http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/9688-creating-custom-master-tabs-in-kontakt-5-tutorial-mac/page__view__findpost__p__62495

See Here, How to Create Single Library Folders On MAC:
    http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/5636-help-cant-add-librarys-to-kontakt/page__view__findpost__p__34541

Hope this helps, ENjoy

12. R.Park

R.Park Newbie

@ Introninja… I followed the instructions.. Now when I went to add the library it asks me for validation i put my password in an it acts like it accepted the library but now i don't see my library in the library section like the rest of my libraries..

13. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

you need to start fresh, I believe you used the same .nicnt file(library name & SNPID) when you made the library correctly. Now the library is competing with itself and not showing up in kontakt.

Here are some tips to fix your problem:
    open your Content plist file(from your Hard Drive's Preferences folder) and delete your custom library info

go to /Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center and delete your custom library name plist(xml)

Delete your old .nicnt file that is in your custom library root folder

Start Fresh, New Everything(Keep the headache)

Hope this helps, Cheers

14. R.Park

R.Park Newbie

@introninja Oh OK.. I only deleted the the plist from had drive preferences.. OK IMA try this again lol.. Thanks for all the help..

15. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

No problem

16. R.Park

R.Park Newbie

Thank you everything works now it took forever trying to understand getting the file paths right because I am all my samples on external hard drive .. Your are much appreciated!!!!

17. R.Park

R.Park Newbie

I also want to thank everybody else for taking them time out to lend a hand in helping me with this.. You are much appreciated

18. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Im glad you got it working, could've been a lot worse lol. Enjoy & Cheers