Kontakt Library Addiction... it's a problem?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Ellin, Jun 20, 2017.

1. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Last time i checked 75mb of ram usage wasn't a problem even 10 years ago, in fact it wasn't a problem in a pentium 4 machine either. My cellphone laughs at a single app using 75mb ram. If you need a multi-timbral "swiss knife" sampler, Kontakt is the most usual answer. I cannot really see your point here man.
    Unless your main computing goal is running vlc player and solitaire, more ram is always welcome. More libraries to listen to is always exciting and can inspire new ideas. I will dl everything so i can try it out. My job though, is making music not gathering libraries. So, i will buy what i like and use, shift+delete the rest.
    Cheers

2. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Well, it's the surrounding issues as well. Kontakt libs use up lots of ram, and they take up a lotaa time to load. It's not all raw sounds, I gotta hve my media clips and FX to load, too.

It is, but it costs more, and you need a mobo prepared for it.

3. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

If you really need it , and it has been taken down , you will be able to find it for sure again