Kontakt libraries working on PC but not Laptop?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by bdbr, Feb 18, 2019.

1. bdbr

bdbr Noisemaker

I've tried for about 3 weeks now to get a fix for my Kontakt 6 portable to no avail. V sad.

I have Kontakt 6.0.2 portable working on my PC with a few libraries, but I just cannot get it working on the laptop. I keep getting the 'library not installed' error for all the them. When I add libraries in the library manager, they appear within the actual library manager, but not in the libraries tab in Kontakt, or in the library section of the options interface. When I try to just open them via the 'files' tab, it just gives me that error. I've tried even starting fresh from the rar archives with kontakt and the libraries but no luck. I've looked around for so long and tried to fix it myself but I just can't.

I've deleted registry entries, xml's, set admin rights (I'm on windows 10 for both devices), tried in standalone. I've searched far and wide on the forums and I haven't been able to find anyone with this issue (where it works on one device but not the other).

Please help <3

3. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Tried another version of Kontakt?
    Native.Instruments.KONTAKT.v6.0.3.NO.INSTALL
    works for me, by the way how do you add your libraries? I use addlibrary.exe
    Do you have the libraries on a external hard disk?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  4. bdbr

bdbr Noisemaker

I will try that version. I've been adding libraries with the library manager. Don't know what addlibrary.exe is. Can't find that

Will I run into any issues if I have a slightly different version on my laptop and want to transfer a project over to the PC?

5. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Try and find that version, the addlibrary.exe is included in that.

6. bdbr

bdbr Noisemaker

So far can't get 6.0.3 no install working either. The installation seems pretty complicated to me. Would be so good if I could figure out how to get the portable working :/

7. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

just place the Kontakt 6 NO INSTALL folder where you want on C disk. And open the folder and just click the INSTALL.cmd. That is all (if you have a custom plugin folder you have to move plugin to that folder):
    [​IMG]

And here is how you install and use addlibrary.exe