Kontakt libraries in Demo mode

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by beluga_man, Oct 12, 2023.

1. beluga_man

beluga_man Ultrasonic

I discovered I have a few libraries that don't show up in my installed libraries and when I open them using the file browser they show up in Demo mode. I suspect I have several ones like this.

I was hoping the KLU app would point out to those but it doesn't doesn't really tell me the libraries in demo mode.

Is there way to flag those?

I generated a new 4 digit SNPID for the library (in this case Alicia Keys). I updated the .xml file (had to drag it out of the Service Center folder as all those files are locked)
    Then ran the "Add library" script, it now shows up in the library but says the old "instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently". I thought the add library took care of that.

What am I missing here?
    Is there somewhere that explain the steps to fix libraries that show up in Demo mode like this?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  3. odod

odod Rock Star

What version of your KONTAKT?
    are you using mac or WIN?

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

And also which version did you download? I remember there being many people commenting with problems about Alicias Keys library copies which had been shared. This was before KLU was available, but in case of this particular library your problem might not be really related to KLU. Do a search here but with the search term "Alicias Keys" . There are 58 results displayed and many of them are relative to people having problems with this one lib. There were so many comments about it that I never even bothered to download it.

5. beluga_man

beluga_man Ultrasonic

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah sorry I should have put that info.
    I'm on a MAC Studio, Ventura, 13.5.2
    Kontakt 7.6.0

Alicia Key is on of them, another library I noticed is NI Lo-Fi Glow which is not an old library. There might be more that I am unaware of.

6. odod

odod Rock Star

HCiSO version?? or any other k'ed version?

7. beluga_man

beluga_man Ultrasonic

Yes it's the HCiSO one

8. crackhoar

crackhoar Guest

Watching this because I recently installed and have the exact same issue here using: Win10, Ableton 11, Kontakt 7.6.0 (pre-patched) Bobdule + KH Spotlight Strings 4D. Can only open via Kontakt browser menus and says demo mode :dunno:

9. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

with the NativeAccess.xml file in service center folder all open normally.
    without this file libraries will say demo.
    simply use native access or create the service center folder.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center (for windows)

the bypass to this file break the menu building, it can be done in the last version.
    so use NativeAccess.xml as every legit user.

10. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Best Way is to keep the last Version of Kontakt 6 installed beside Kontakt 7. For me Alicia's Keys and also NI Lo-Fi Glow work well without beeing demo but i use Kontakt 6 for opening older Libs only the ones which need 7 i use in Kontakt 7 as in my opinion NI fucked up Kontakt 7 with their new View and Libs loading not as fast as they used to on 6.

11. odod

odod Rock Star

I am still on 6 version of MORiA's .. works flawlessly,
    I think there's also TRaZ0R's version that worked as well. Try it first

12. Jawollo

Jawollo Newbie

Hi there, I have a similar problem with only ONE old library (percussive adventures) of which I actually bought a newer version but it has totally different sounds :-( and lets not talk about EastWest iLok bulls...)
    So is the ServiceCenter.xml file the one where this library is switched into DEMO mode?
    Any idea how to fix this?

13. Nuktuk

Nuktuk Newbie

Hi there! Were you ever able to figure this out? I installed everything properly (I think) three times now and the libraries are always in demo mode after adding them with the tool. Any help would be super appreciated! I'm also going to update this thread as soon as I find the solution for mine, as I hope someone will get some use out of it down the road.

Thank you in advance to anyone amazing enough to help out, I feel like I've tried everything.

14. fhawila

fhawila Newbie

hi, having the same issue. I own Komplete 14 so have several instruments that are legit and installed through Access. However i have several 3rd party ones that are installed by the Kontakt Library Utility. All of these are in demo mode and stop working after a period of time asking for registration. Is there a way to have Komplete instruments and cracked 3rd party instruments installed by the utility at the same time ?

thanks

15. chrisking25

chrisking25 Newbie

Had problems with Alicia Keys running in demo mode too this is how I fixed it. For all native libraries... open contact as admin, then add the library via the standalone app. it will now work inside DAW too.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List