Kontakt libraries found on this site.

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by webshark, Oct 10, 2013.

1. webshark

webshark Member

Can they be used with legit licensed kontakt and NI products? Thank you

3. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

This has to be the MOST asked question!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Holy shit!

Whew!
    Goosfraba....

This question had to be answered a hundred times on this forum.

How about no?

Sorry, don't mean to be a jerk. I just don't understand why everyone ask this. Seems like once a week someone ask this. Maybe Catalyst should just post an answer to this as a giant sticky in the software forum.

***Tell you the truth, I just tried to search and find an answer to this and couldn't! I know I have seen this asked lots of times?***

4. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

it has been asked a gazillion times. depends on the library. if it is a protected library (in the library tab), then no. all others, yes.

5. webshark

webshark Member

Whats a search engine?

lol, well u answered your question at the end. the search results where lame! So the answer is no u cannot use these libraries? Any of them, or certain types because there is the ones that show up as actual libraries and then there are just kontakt files right?

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Maybe it's not the search results that are lame... :rofl:
    No of course I'm just kidding but maybe you need to search smarter. :wink:

We had this before when a member got on me about giving him a snarky answer when he asked about something related to Kontakt libraries. I was able to pull up pages of examples in no time with me and other users walking a guy through solving it. Over time the search here will increasingly evolve as I filter out posts and we fine tune this site.

7. webshark

webshark Member

Thanks I appreciate that and this is true. So is there a good post anyone can direct me to regarding this question in the meantime ill search! :)

8. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Seriously it was a bit difficult to search, the way the search handles keywords isn't the greatest. You can type "Kontakt" and get tons of hits, but you would have to read through the posts to find one of the exact thing you were looking for. If you try to type a question and match keywords it won't give you any hits unless your phrasing of the question is almost exactly the same as a previous post. If you try to narrow down the category then it gives you tons more hits you would have to read through. Ya it is searchable but it took some serious narrowing down of the phrasing to get some hits that were valid. I don't know what it was about the search engine on demonoid back in the day. But demonoid's search was my favorite ever! It had so many categories and sub-categories. It was really easy to search something down on there. And I am not saying the search on here sucks, or that I know how to improve it. Just saying it did take me a few minutes to narrow it down and try different phrasings until I found it. If someone didn't know what they were talking about or didn't know the lingo, I could see it being pretty hard to find stuff.

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I know guys we do need to fine tune this site, I have noticed some of the search issues myself. I also try to remove older unnecessary threads to alleviate this issue but I am only one person and there is always so much to do here and on Audioz. I actually have a lot of fantastic ideas that I would like to see implemented here but first Audioz needs to be relaunched and then staff has to have a long series of conversations and planning to bring in some of the changes we need to thrive as a growing community. All I'm going to say is that if I can get even half of the stuff that I have written down in my notebook here you guys are going to be very happy. *yes*

10. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

There are no non-legit Kontakt libraries on AudioSEX :rofl: